collab

Saturday, April 8, 2017

IF I KNEW

If I Knew


If I knew the word
Would I say it?
If I knew the prayer
Would I pray it?

If I thought the thought
Would I think it?
If I had the drink
Would I drink it?

If I had the feast 
Would I dine?
And lose my inhibitions
In wine?

If love was a gift
Would I take it?
And hold it so tight
I would break it.

If I had a heart
Would I feel?
And know the untruth
And the real?

I do not know
Just what I think
When all my life
Is on the brink.

But I am hoping
That you see
And will answer
All these things for me.


©by Voo
April 8. 2017
2:07 a.m.







1 comment:

  1. Love for someone is a gift. But LOVE from someone is a special gift meant for no one else. So when it's handed to you, don't take take it unless you aim to cherish it, treat it with kindness and love it back!

    ReplyDelete