collab

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Poet of the Light's poem "In Betweens"


 by Poet of the Light
Shed petals of a poet's whisper
Sep 25, 11:40 PM

In-betweens

I can be, be there
Between every happenstance
To save you- be the last
From everything that
Drowns you so easily
And often in bitter sea’s
Like an answer in a dream
When at last finally happens
I can be, be the fresh breathe of air
That changes things, all directions
And lets the sun come up- smiling
As the feeling of love covers you
While you lay within my arms gently
Yes I- I can be, be there, a difference
In all your nights and days
And even the way you think
About everything that- matters
If only you can save…me first

Poet of the Light © 2017




5 comments:

  1. "Save women and children first!" is a very true statement and should be lived by, by any man until the last one is saved!
    This little lady needs rescuing. NOW!!!

    I loved it! Very romancing on her part.

    You want to know something funny? Everyone one of these that I read, about a woman needing to be picked up or rescued from the ashes of her life, I don't think about anyone in particular as I read except the person in the poem. And I don't put a face to her character because I see her in my heart. Downtrodden, sad or heartbroken. I just want to save her and put her in a good place. A safe place. A place where she will be happy and can thrive and not just survive.

    Chivalrous? Gallant? Intrepid? Quixotic? Bold? Gritty? Courtly? Honorable? Protective? I'm guilty of all of those!!

    I hope this all makes sense!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I forgot that you forgot that you posted on this one.....
      haha (I didn't write this one btw) my friend did

      Delete
    2. I forgot that you forgot. What did we forget? I forgot!

      Delete
    3. I doesn't remember....but I DID NOT WRITE THIS POEM, remember? POL did.

      Delete