collab

Monday, October 23, 2017

THE RAIN MAN DANCES one of my scariest writes








The Rain Man Dances



and the rain man dances on the dark divide
of heaven and hell, beckons me inside
and I run but stop at his grinning face
there in the dark and gleaming space
of death and dream, found then but lost
there at the foot of the unfound cross.
               
               
the black skies darken, if indeed they can
to hide the shadow of a shattered man
but in the flashing of a lightning bolt
I see what's left of my last last hope
a pale hand reaches to touch my face
to pour on me it's soothing grace.
      

pushes back my hair and pats my cheek
and fills my mouth with something sweet
I swallow hard and wipe my eyes
then look in stunned and sad surprise
to see the rain man dancing still
as the cold rain falls and melts my will.
     

the desert of my soul has drowned
my cries imprisoned in a well of sound
the rain man stops his dance of death
as thunder roars and grabs my breath
and down we go on paths of pain
to eternal desert and no more rain.


  
the iron gate shuts and the lights grow dim
on my voiceless prayer and my wordless hymn
I fall in the nightmare where the lost ones reside
and the rain man dances on the dark divide.

               




         
scary soundtrack for poem
this music adds so very much to the read.....




©by Voo
Jan 21, 05 4:42 p.m.
based on a nightmare




7 comments:

  1. This can send chills down your spine. Especially if it's dreamed by someone like me.
    I played both soundtracks at the same time. It really adds to the suspense. Great write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrifying, isn't it? A long time after I wrote this, someone
      told me that The Rain Man" is famous in rock and roll circles
      as a demon they sell their souls to or something. I had no idea.
      They said that makes it all the scarier because I described him perfectly!!!
      Yikes!!!!

      Delete
    2. You're right, playing the tracks at the same time is scarier! geez
      Must be what it sounds like in hell....

      Delete