collab

Sunday, January 14, 2018

I LOVE A MAN WHO CAN CRY




I Love a Man Who Can Cry



I love a man who can cry without feeling embarrassed
Who can smile at a sunset at the end of the day
Who can listen to a symphony and get a lump in his throat
Who can write down a song and then give it away 

I love a man who can see little babies
And get all mushy inside without questioning the joy
Who can hear a child's laugh and remember what fun is
Who plays with puppies and kittens like he's still just a boy

I love a man who is not ashamed to be vulnerable
Who can show me his weaknesses, his fears and his thoughts
At the same time being confident of who he really is
Who can be my strong shoulder when he knows that he ought

I love a man who can hurt and then be healed by love
Who can pray darkness gone and keep demons at bay
Who can show the whole world that he's not ashamed
Of the God that he knows that made him that way

I love a man who loves with his whole heart
Who needs his woman like a flame needs to burn
Who isn't shy about saying just how much he wants her
And what he will do to make her want him in return

I love a man that works hard and plays hard
But will take rainy days off without so much as a care
When his woman needs him to stay in that bed
And shut out the world like it's not even there

I love a man whose eyes light up when he smiles
But can darken with passion when I look deep in those eyes
Who will recite my poetry like Shakespearean sonnets
Or a song so worth singing that's his joy and his pride

I love a man who can slow dance for hours
In candlelight's glow without saying word one
Who will touch me so softly that it feels like a feather
But then hold me so hard that I cry when he's gone

I love a man with a strut in his walk
Who can make the heads turn when he walks in the room
But who doesn't look back at the heads when they turn
And saves himself for the woman who's his sun and his moon

I love a man who writes poetry for me
Who writes letters to me
Who sings songs just for me
And who shows me "the him" that no one else ever sees

I love a man who takes time and is kind
Who knows and who shows that he understands
Who will hold me when I need him, you can bet I won't leave him
For he needs all the same things that I need from my man.




©By Voo
Jan 14, 2018 
9:20 a.m.








Like A Man by Adam Cohen
(son of Leonard)







 
I Want To Dance With Somebody
by Bootstraps



Cry Like a Man




9 comments:

  1. I found this message in a bottle. I found this message too late. I found this message from back in time. I found this message when I was out of it.

    I found this message and it called for me. I found this message delivered late to me. I found this message I held it dear. I found this message now nothing is clear.

    I found this message now I'm undone. I found this message I have nowhere to run. I found this message what do I do.

    I found this message, too late I've found Voo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And mine too. You're only just now seeing this. The person who wrote it died waiting for the rescue at the bottom of a well almost a year ago.

      Delete
    2. poor, poor poet......alas! But you know, I don't get notices when someone posts a comment
      so how do I know unless I stumble upon them?? it's maddening! do you get notified? how?

      Delete
    3. I do. I get an email. I think it was in the options

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'm so glad you recommended this deep and revealing piece. It touched me very deeply because it's all I aspire to be. I love when you talk about writing poetry and songs to the one you love, I've done that very thing even though in the end it all seemed to fall on dead ears lol! I absolutely loved what you wrote and agree with it all especially that it should be returned in kind. Sorry if this is really long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Write me a book, I don't care. I love it when something I write
      inspires someone to open and share their hearts.That's very precious to me. Voo

      Delete
  3. I was just ready to get a couple of hours of sleep when I came across this one that I had intended to read the other day and decided I wouldn’t recline back until I read it. As I started reading it I was overwhelmed at how it was speaking to me. I remembered a moment in time, weeping the day I came in from work and found my parakeet( Tweety) had died. I was heartbroken.(Me, a grown man). No one was home. I was alone. I carefully took her out, (yes she was a female. I’m partial to females. They’re the only ones who understand me), carefully wrapped her in the towel that I covered her cage with at night, placed her in a plastic box and found a spot in the backyard where I buried her.
    I went back in the house heartbroken and sat down in the recliner. I called my youngest Son Shane. He knew how sentimental I was about pets. She was there when he got married and moved out. So he knew. I just wanted him to know she was gone. No one answered so with as much as I had in me, (it was not easy getting the words out), I left him a voicemail message from a brokenhearted dad!
    He called me and told me how sorry he felt for my loss.
    A few days later my daughter-in-law came by to visit. I was the only one home but she wanted to tell me something. As I listened, she said that when they had gotten home that evening he checked their messages and listened to mine. She told me that it broke his heart as he listened to his dad pour his heart out grieving and was crushed and broke down and sobbed for me. It was the first time she had seen him cry. (You should see the tears coming down onto my face as I write this). My Son was not afraid to show his emotions either. I broke down again when I heard that! Some men do cry real tears. I could tell you of more instances but right now this is all I can muster. I’ll finish it another time. That felt good. I have more if you can handle more. I’m just an old softy who doesn’t mind showing these emotions. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you almost made me cry reading that! I grieved like that when my cat Magic died, and still do. Thanks for
      sharing that with me. I tell men that if God didn't want you to cry, He wouldn't have given you the ability to do so.
      It's just a cleansing mechanism and a release valve, not a sign of weakness. Jesus cried and still does. It's a gift. Loved
      this story, David

      Delete