collab

Monday, January 30, 2017

SO DIFFERENT, SO ALIKE



So Different, So Alike


I think it
And you say it
I feel it
And you expose it
I want it
And you with-hold it
I with-hold it
And you want it.

You and I, we
Dance to different drummers
But we're always in rhythm.

Why is that?
What is that?
How can we think and say
And feel and rub raw
The sameness and the differences
Of who we are?

I am a mystery
And you are an enigma
I am the feather
And you are the wind.

You make me crazy
I make you mad
You make me go
But I don't go far.

The key is this, perhaps
If there has to be a reason,
An explanation or an answer
To this question of us..............

Like calls to like
And deep unto deep
Your depth moves me to great passion
And expression
And I think that when you look at your reflection
In the pool of my eyes, (however deep or shallow)
You see yourself there
And oftimes you like what you see.

I may be only a fragile feather
But in the breath of the wind which is you, 
I can always find a  new way to dance
Hoping against hope that you won't let me fall.

Right???  Hello!!!

Tell me what I'm thinking right now!
It's there on your tongue!
My soul keeps no secrets from you
Tell me!  (please)

Yes, that is correct!
Mmmm, baby, you read me so well
But stop that reading and learning and
Exposing my innermost thoughts now.
Put what you've seen and read and learned 
Without me saying a word..... 
To good use.

Neither of us are with-holding now
And both of us are wanting
I feel it, you say it
And we're both on the same page
For now. 

You'll make me crazy and I'll make you mad
We'll run off screaming in separate directions eventually
And circle back again
Wanting
Wanting

Wondering how we can be so different
 And yet very much the same
Only God knows how all this works..........
But only we know how it works so good.

Look at me, baby. Read me.
Speak out what my heart is feeling
For nobody can read me like you.

(At your convenience, of course)
You drive by lover!
For even a little light reading
Is better than no reading at all.

I have no idea
 If you'll ever get to page 893 in my head 
But that one's a doozy
And we're both gonna be real happy
When you get there! Promise! 

I know we could keep talking in shorthand
 And short proses and tiny verses
But at this point 
I could use a couple of hard bound dictionaries
 Full of words pulled from my heart
And spoken by your mouth.


 My words, your words, our words
Thoughts and sayings
 And feelings and exposes'
 That show those feelings are real.

We need to be together. 
think it, you say it.
I feel it and you reveal it to public scrutiny
But the only opinions we need are ours
Speak your mind! I'm impatient now
  Can't you feel it? I can only hear your silence.

And the next time you say Go.......
I just might not come back
But I will be sadder than hell
 And I'll be very mad at the idea of you reading
Another girl's thoughts 
And speaking them out for her to hear.

I hope you only find closed minds out there
And empty thoughts that bore you to tears
And  yeah, you're right, I am jealous
For your mouth belongs to me
Enigma, my foot! 

 Look at me......I know you better 
Than you'll ever know yourself!!!
No matter how different we are and always will be
Hear my heart tell the God's honest truth!
We are different but we are just alike.


©Voo
 Aug 12, 2016
  4:39 a.m.

2 comments:

  1. Such contrast contained in the poem and yet such likeness that's instilled. A real juxtaposition. Like trying bring the north poles of two magnets together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I never understood this poem before. I do now.

      Delete