collab

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

BLACK LIKE THE NIIGHT




Black Like The Night
.
.
She wore black like the night
Downtown in that little dive of darkness
I watched her from my bar stool;
Nursing my beer and my recently shattered, manly pride.
.
Somehow, I couldn’t see her in a place like this
She looked mythical, like a creature rising from a song
Long, black hair and eyes like midnight;
I wanted to fall into them but I held back.
.
I wondered if she was a spell caster
Or evil masquerading as sweetness
We stared across the dim lit noisy room;
Until my soul could no longer resist.
.
I wanted to buy her champagne
But they didn’t have any
I wanted to take her for a walk on the moon;
But I knew she’d already been there.
.
When I came to myself, night was fading
I was in the middle of a dream at the edge of the world
I opened my eyes and saw her standing on the water;
Beckoning me with music in her fingers.
.
Her smile was like honey, but it was not warm
Still, I starved for her and reached out as I stood
I heard a murmur as I stumbled in the dark trees;
But no matter how hard I reached, I could not touch her.
.
She was an angel, she was a demon
She was a siren and a premeditated crime
Taunting me with whispers till I ran screaming;
I fell into the black water and plunged to my despair.
.
But that was then and this is now
Now I sit on a different bar stool in a different dive
It’s midnight and I have no pride left in me at all;
And there she is, wearing black, and shining like a promise.
.
She beckons me and I follow, as she knows I will
As I do when the madness calls and I am lost
She carries the keys to my desperation;
And she always finds me.
.
.




















©By Voo
August 1, 08
five after midnight




5 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautifully written! It really drew me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo! A little wicked in its own way. A dream that vanishes at the greatest moment of despair. Good write, Voo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey amigo! how goes it? we have flood warnings here. thank you

      Delete
    2. Hola, Que es mi Nombre! We’ve had lots of rain but flood warnings seemed to have been east of us.
      Hope you made it through your storms.
      We’ve been sick with sinus infections though, and feeling miserable. Even writing isn’t on the radar.

      Delete