collab

Monday, April 22, 2019

FIGURING THINGS OUT and WildFire, the song of my childhood


  Wildfire
by Michael Martin Murphy





Figuring Things Out


I don't know why the song "Wildfire" 
always touched something
deep inside my soul
It made me think of myself
and I always wondered who had written my story
Cause nobody knew me
Listening to the song,
I saw myself riding that pony, WildFire
and
dying in the winter
like I'd been born

I had my own pony named FireBird
who ran like the wind
and was colored bright red and white
He was my best friend, my only friend
And when I rode on his back
I believed I could fly

I was a lonely child
Talking to owls and animals
Like people
and thinking I was going to die
still a child
Because
I didn't want to live
to be an adult
If life as it was
Would continue to be
Life as it was

Wildfire was the fantasy
and
FireBird was the real
but as for me
I've never known.......
if I was real or not






©by Voo Shining Stone
April 22, 2019
7:02 a.m.

born December 30th
like cousin Elvis said..
"one frosty morn in Dixie Land"

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to the fantasy. Even as I child I dreamed that life was different....That I was different. Always liked that song, too. Good write, Voo.

    ReplyDelete