collab

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

JUST WANNA BE


me at 6 mos


me @ 3




me@15



Just Wanna Be


When I was a baby
I wanted to be a tot
When I was a toddler
I saw what I had not.

When I was a big kid
I wanted to be a teen
But then I just wanted to be grown up
Do you see now what I mean?

I always wanted to be me
But an older, wiser version
And when I'd played around with love
I wished I was still a virgin.

When I was a woman
I wanted yet to be a girl
But the girl I'd been wanting so to be
A woman in this world.

I never wanted to be old
But live young and wild and free
I wanted life on my own terms
But a younger, wiser me.

I can't be sure just what I want
In living day to day 
But it's so true, I'm telling you
I've always been this way.

I want what I cannot obtain
I loathe the things I own
I need to have what I cannot have
And I want my old things gone.

Oh, I've worked hard for what I've got
Of that, make no mistake
And I have more than my fair share
And what I've got is great.

But here I find myself back there
At indecision's door
I've got too much stuff on my plate
But I think I still need more.

Sure, I collect my favorite things
I have my expensive tastes
I like the luxuries of life
But I let them go to waste.

........sigh......

What should I do, I ask of you?
What would you say to me?
For your opinion is all I want
And your happiness to see.

You see, I am a mixed up girl
I have been all my days
I've gathered things I had to have
And then just walked away.

But there's one thing I must tell you
And it's certain, not a maybe
I said all that to just say this...
I just wanna be your baby.



©by VooVoo
June 18, 2019
10:10 p.m.


me at 19

me now






you'll always be
my baby
by Felix




4 comments:

  1. It's hard to be what you want to be if you don't actually know what you do want to be, isn't it? Interesting that you CAN be many things....different at any given point in your life. Enjoy what you are at any point in your life, with the knowledge that you can change, and finally find the you that you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There's some deja vu there for me. I always wanted to be somebody older, wiser at that young age.(10y - Teenager). Thought I knew it all too. But didn't know what I wanted to be. Then my Kids came along. I grew up quickly. Some day I'll tell you the whole story.

    Those are some cute baby pictures and pretty ones at your later age. Including now! Stay that way.

    ReplyDelete