collab

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

It Won't Be Tonight




Glen Hansard
put on loop




It Won't Be Tonight



Standing on the precipice 
That steep and craggy cliff that draws my wounded soul
I heard my heart 
             Urging me to jump......................
Whispered urging that turned to loud command
Loud command that turned to plea
That drowned out reason
                     And slowly deafened me.

I put my hands upon my ears
Senselessly
Like a blind man wearing glasses
When he has no eyes at all
Senselessly
Trying to block the scream
While begging for the fall.

I didn't want to love you
I didn't want to care............
I didn't want to see that face
That form that's standing there

I didn't want......
                     I didn't want
I didn't want your charms
            Now look at me, a tangled mess
Uncradled by your arms..............

You threw me away
          And I came back.............
I left you before you could do it again
You searched for me
                And took me home
Tell me why are we lovers
When we're not even friends???

We can't even be in the same room
Without tearing each other apart
We love and we lust......
When we don't even trust.....
And all we do is break each other's hearts.

This need of you is madness
Why can't I let you be?
You cannot live without me
And you can't live with me.

That bed, it is our battlefield.....
For our wars.... one after the next
We love and cry
               We love and we die
For this wild and wounding sex.

And when we've licked our wounds
And mended..............
The heart bruise and the sore...
The passion that cannot be tamed
Soon calls us back for more.

And you hurt me and I hate you
                  But I love it more than life
Craving each wayward bullet......
Every slicing of the knife.

Then your dark eyes beg me to devour
As you give yourself to me
Lying helpless in your needing 
             And not wanting to be free.

We've run away so many times... 
           Battered victims of love's thumps
 And both have stood on that precipice
                      But no one ever jumps.............

We only turn around and run back to  
  The next sweet and savage fight
            Swearing this mad love has got to end!
And knowing it won't be tonight.






©By Voo
       the mad poet
      who cannot run away.....
11/13/19

midnight

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You got it!!!! hello James, good to see you. I enjoyed visiting you last night. I see you see all the nuances
      in this write. I thought you might.............😉

      Delete
    2. Lol, got what? I was just listening to Pat Benatar. LOL

      Delete
  2. Though I don't personally relate, I can definitely feel the passion in your words, Voo!The passion of anger and the passion of....lust? A lot closer to each emotion than I feel comfortable with. great write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Sandra...I understand that. I just have a dark side that only rarely comes out with it's perfect match!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. what???what???? I don't understand sign language...lol

      Delete
    2. LOL let me translate. Good write

      Delete
    3. Thank you, James haha Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
      May every wish and desire you have be granted you in the new year
      For both of us!!!

      Delete
  4. Maybe another view of the battle

    https://phantomtexter.blogspot.com/2019/11/love-is-battlefield.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it. Yours makes mine sound tame...lol

      Delete
    2. mmmm sometimes the pleasure is worth the pain. hmmm that sounds like a poem!!!
      I'll write one if you write one.....😉😘

      Delete
    3. I'll try but if it comes out dark I won't post it

      Delete
    4. I lost a fortune my friends and more.
      I've lost all things that have come before.
      I've lost all things even The Giving Tree.
      I've lost my spirit, my soul, and me.

      The price to touch you.
      The thrill to hold you.
      The elation to hear your very voice.
      The honor to behold your very sight.
      The joy to hold you through the night.
      The honor to hold your very hand.
      The Pride to place you above every man.

      For all these things and so much more.
      I would gladly lose it all again, and again, and again, forever more!

      Delete
    5. WOW! I had no idea this was here. Very moving write, James. Geez,,you can certainly express emotions
      in a powerful way. I could feel the yearning and pain in this. I feel suddenly inspired....

      Delete
    6. LOL because if I don't get my poem in return I'm gonna tell Trump! And he'll start a trade War! That'll teach you!

      Delete
    7. Debt paid. Trade War averted.

      A tragic Killing Me Softly with his words. An off-key Piano in the Dark.

      Delete
    8. Sometimes The Pleasure


      I lie to myself when I'm by myself
      And the night is dark and cold
      I don't want to hear the voice of fear
      And the tale that can't be told.

      Can you lose a thing you never owned?
      Can you convince yourself that's true?
      For I am convinced that I have your heart
      And that I am beloved by you.

      So many nights, so many fights
      And what was the fighting for?
      I can only remember the empty room
      And the slamming of the door.

      But when it is good, it is so good
      Like a desert after the rain
      Our hungry eyes tell us all those lies
      That the pleasure is worth the pain.

      And so we bear the heartbreak
      And so we bow to woe
      And so we kneel as our minds reel
      And the wanting refuses to go.

      What is it in a woman's soul
      That only a man can meet?
      And what is it in her wounded heart
      That can knock him off his feet?

      Sometimes we sit and talk all night
      With candlelight and wine
      Lose ourselves in love's sweetness
      That by morning we can't find.

      And yet, and yet, we thrust ourselves
      Upon the bloody knife
      That raised by your hand or by mine
      Can't cut out the nameless strife.

      So we walk away and run away
      And go running back again
      To arms of bliss and the lethal kiss
      And the pleasure that's worth the pain.

      Perhaps one day, we'll find a way
      To eliminate what's wrong
      Erase this chorus and rewrite the verses
      Of this beautiful but very sad song.

      Till then, we'll crave the passion
      That carries us away like the tide
      This love that kills and turns and heals
      And binds me to your side.

      There is no rhyme or reason
      For this madness that we share
      We take the pain that gives the pleasure
      Though this sadness we must bear.

      We are but fools, love, you and I
      A woman and a man
      Bound by things the mind can't know
      And the heart alone, can understand.

      ©By Voo
      Dec 28, 2019
      11:03 p.m.

      Delete
    9. Sorry.. I had to edit the piece. You read it prematurely! 😜😁

      Delete