collab

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Funny How Time Slips Away











There Will Come a Day



There will come a day
I know
When all this heartache
And this woe
Will melt away
Like winter snow
And run
In streams of joy.

There will come a day
I see
When nothing bad
Will torment me
And all the hell
That’ll ever be
Will be beneath my feet.

There has been a day
My friend
When I prayed
For my life to end
When nights were spent
In deathly sin
And I had no mind
To lose.
¤

But then there came the day
That I
Looked at myself
And at the sky
And asked, Who made me?
And asked, Why?
And then I got the answer.

There will come a day
Real soon
We’ll leave the earth,
Fly past the moon
And friend, that day
Can’t come too soon
That day is drawing nearer.

© by Voo
June 3, 2011
12:12 a.m.



4 comments:

  1. There will come a day when we'll walk the streets of gold.
    And we'll listen to stories that have never been told.
    Of joy and love so filled with laughter.
    There will never a day like it come after.
    For the day will never cease and night never appears.
    And eternal life will never have sorrow nor tears.
    The Lord Himself will wipe them away.
    And give to us our most glorious day.

    Great write, Voo! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blessings, my bruddah! Can't wait to see Heaven again. It's been
      years now since I was there but I think about it all the time lately.
      Keep praying! Some things may be turning my way again......hugs

      Delete
    2. Really missing Elvis tonight for some reason. Can't wait to see
      him again either! sad smile. I know he's having a ball in Heaven.
      Lost 2 more friends last week, one to Covid 19, supposedly. My sister
      and her family are doing better though. thank you for your godly prayers

      Delete
    3. Hey! There you are!
      Well I hope things are turning your way. I’ve been praying for you every day.
      I’m so sorry to hear about your two friends.
      I’m glad to hear that your sister and family are doing better.

      You just keep hanging in there!
      Your Care Bear 🐻

      Delete