collab

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Always The Rain

 




Always The Rain


I was the fire
He was the rain
I was the pleasure
He was the pain

I was the joy
He was the woe
I was the yes
He was the no

I was the sweet
He was the tart
I was the whole
He tore apart

I was the sun
He was the moon
I was the bright
He was the gloom

I was the dance
He was the dirge
I was the giver
(He didn't splurge)

I was the teacher
Life did employ
He was the child
I was the toy

I was the hopeful
He, hope disdained
I opened doors
He slammed again

I gave him love
He took and ran
Enticed me back
Hurt me again

I was the passion
Blazing upward like flame
I was always the fire
But he was ever the rain.







©by Voo Shining Stone
11/2020






2 comments:

  1. I’ve definitely seen fire and rain in my life, if you know what I mean! Love the song. Love his music.
    Great contrast within the poem! Loved it!
    Hope you’re feeling better.

    D’Sal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. going through old blogs most of which I have forgotten. Just reconnected with
      someone dear to me again and I'm on a stroll down memory lane

      thank you

      Delete