collab

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

What Rain?

 




What Rain?


"C'mon," you said, "Let's go for a walk
The sun is shining, the birds are singing
It's a perfect day for walking."

But we didn't get very far
Because we had to stop every few minutes and kiss
Because it was a perfect day for kissing

I finally noticed that your umbrella
Matched the bottom of my shoes and giggled
Because it was a perfect day for giggling

I also finally noticed 
That the sun was not shining 
And the birds were not singing, there were no birds

Because it was pouring
Raining cats and dogs as they say
As we stood kissing under that red umbrella

"Don't you think we should go to my house,
Curl up by the fire and dry off?" I asked and you asked, "Why?"
"Because of the rain!" I laughed "Silly!"

Then you closed the red umbrella and let us get drenched
And running your hands down my hips, 
You smiled and said, "What rain?"


©by Voo Shining Stone
Jan 12, 2022
1:25 a.m.



9 comments:

  1. It was a cloudy and wet day that day when I said to her, “c’mon, let’s go for a walk! The sun is Shining, the birds are singing, the grackles are grackling, the cows are mooing, the Voo is somewhere in the world sneezing her a………her head off with her most unusual sneeze; Aachoo, Aachoo!
    But never mind that, I sent her a years supply of Kleenex; that should hold her for a while.”
    It turned out to be a perfect day for a walk. At least for me…..
    Anyway, I opened up my brand spanking new umbrella that I got as a prize from the Umbrella Corporation, for getting a high score on the new Resident Evil video game, (one of these days I’m gonna invite her to come over so’s I can get her turned on to it………. I’d like to have that other prize they’re offering, you know, that 14 carat tin ring with an eyeball 👁 stone it. It’s freaking neat. But I’m not eligible for another prize. The limit’s one).
    Anyway! Where was I? Oh yeah, as we walked down the street she kept stopping every few minutes to smear her lipstick on my lips, which I was really enjoying.
    Oh yeah! There we were… this long cool woman in a short black dress, a 5’6” beautiful tall, and me, this sophisticated, nicely tanned and ripped guy, (I got too close to to something and snagged my shirtsleeve and ripped it a good one while ripping a good one in my arm. But I pretended like nothing happened. I knew that at least if I passed out from near total blood loss she’ll be there to resuscitate me, and perform that hind-lick maneuver and dogleg drag me to the nearest bench where I can sit a spell and let the sun warm me up in the meantime…………. wait a minute, there was no sun, it was raining wasn’t it?
    Anyway we had a wonderful ‘walk and talk.’
    Finally she spoke up and said, “why don’t we go to my house, curl up by the fire, dry off and tickle our lips, if you know what I mean?”
    I said, “honey, I shor’ do! Why don’t we stop by my place first and get a box of graham crackers, a bag of marshmallows, a bag of chocolate chip cookies, sit by the fire and make us some s’mores. My lips would be “tickled” to meet them on the way in”……….

    I love this one, Voo! Very romantic!👄🍪

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was FUNNEE!!!! lol lol So! Did you really just send ma box of Kleenex????
    Cause so help me, I just got this HUGE box of Kleenex from Amazon and I didn't order it!
    hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you figure out where the box of Kleenex came from??? I promise you I did not send it…. (uh uh, uh uh, sure D’ Sal…..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really?! No return address? I thought I had the right address……….

    ReplyDelete
  5. How’s the box of Kleenex working for you? 🤷🏻‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aachoo!!!! w w what???
      the box didn't do anything for me but the tissues were nice.

      Delete