collab

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

LIKE A BLUE CORN MORNING






like a blue corn morning



dancing, he comes
like a blue corn morning
sunbeamed eyes
and hair as black as jet
but he hasn't found me yet.


I whisper behind my hand
like a child at game
hiding in 
the wild flower's shadow
while he calls my name.


I know he loves me
he just doesn't know it
but when that secret 
falls from his heart
his eyes can't help but show it.


watch him walk
like a warrior born again
smiling as he looks 
for me
and reaches for my hand.


blue corn morning
with feathers in my hair
he stops halfway
to paradise
and I meet him there.




*thanks Perry Joe for your photo above*



Moon Dancer by Mark Hicks



*Written by Voo Shining Stone*

© by Voo
Jan 13, 08
12:12 a.m.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Well I hope he found her! She sounds like a keep!

    They say blue corn is much healthier than yellow corn in chips.
    My favorite! Blue corn chips!

    ReplyDelete