collab

Saturday, July 15, 2017

DANCES WITH BIRDS




















Dances With Birds




Standing in the kitchen this afternoon
Wearing nothing but a white cotton T shirt
That barely covered the imagination
(It's 116 in the shade, dammit!)


I was making a chef salad
And pouring myself a tall glass of lemonade
When, from outside my window
I heard the scream of a bird
So loud and startling I almost said a bad word
What on earth was that? I thought
And finished the slicing and dicing,
Wiped my hands and pulled back the curtain.


The bird stood there on the driveway
It's wings held up in the air
In a kind of ecstasy
It's head raised up to the sky
It's little feet doing an impromptu
Crazy birdfolk dance
Paying no attention to anyone or thing
It screamed again, not a bird sound
(Definitely not a bird sound.)


But then I noticed that all around the critter
Fell big fat liquid drops of rain
Rain! 
Real ThankGodAlmightyLetItRain rain!
Like we haven't seen in weeks
That we've needed here more than gold.


And I realized
That the bird was screaming in joy
Pure unadulterated joy
No one will believe this, I said out loud
But who cares? 
I dropped the curtain,
Took a big long drink of lemonade,
Looked around to see if the neighbors
Were watching......stepped outside....
And joined him in the dance.




























Too Hot by Kool and the Gang


©By Voo
Aug 20, 07
4:30
based on a true event


6 comments:

  1. First she in a white cotton tee shirt and that was it? You're right, it barely covers the imagination. And that bird. I love that bird. He was overjoyed for the rain. (I would be if I was a bird). And, unless she put on some additional clothing, then she walks out in the rain in to a wet tee shirt contest. My my my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your imagination is running wild. D'Sal!!!! Calm down.
      Keep out of the rain and stay away from birds......

      rofl 🕊ðŸĶðŸĶœðŸĶĒ🐓ðŸĶ‰ðŸĶš

      Delete
  2. Awww! To dance in the rain, a break from the heat... and in a t-shirt only, that bird got a treat! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McDO!!!!! You're back!!!!! I thought maybe you were off on
      another campaign planning trip till I remembered I had decided
      not to run for President. *Shudders!!!*** Can you imagine how CNN
      would rip me too shreds with all the skeletons in MY closet?!
      Good Lord! If they found out that I was a full gospel belly dancing preacher...
      can you imagine??!!! The scribes and pharisees would crucify me and
      then Hollywood would make a movie about me. Then I would get my own
      tele-evangelist tv show and get millions saved and then die and probably
      go to hell.........yeah, it's obviously a good thing I dropped out of that race...
      They would probably nick name me the Coochie Coochie President or something stupid
      like that. (Though I would enjoy beating Pelosi's butt) And belly dancing in the Oval office.)

      Delete