collab

Thursday, August 10, 2017

THIS WHITE ROOM





This White Room




This white-walled room

Streaked with lavender

From the glass heart

Hanging in the window

In the sun...........


The heart you gave me

With a smile in your eyes

The heart that was shattered

By cruel unthinking hands

And was mended, restrung, on it's white silken cord.


My bare feet rest

On moon pale carpets

Strewn here and there

On hardwood floors

Clean and cold as a hard winter snow.


Silky white curtains

Flutter in day breeze,

Tease the book's pages

As it lies on the shelf

Reading to it's self of my long ago dreams.


And here sit I

In my satin and lace

White sofa covered with pillow and fur

Waiting, as I often do

For my life to go on......


Long, silver mirrors

Catch the odd glow of sun,

Of fragmented purple, of my long raven hair

And reflect back the silence

That the world cannot hear.


In the garden, a cat

And the song of a lark

Sharp smell of roses

And the whisper of trees

But I do not turn, I sit stiller than stone.


Waiting for footsteps to fall on the stair,

A door opening softly and the embrace of your eyes

Waiting for the smile that once out shined the sun

Waiting for forgiveness in a world that's gone dark.


Maybe today, I think, he'll come

He'll stand behind me, brushing my hair

Watching me watching him as I did in the mirror

Before I crushed his heart like the lavender glass

Now mended, restrung, on the cord in the sun.


Maybe today in this white room

The wind will blow my hair like ribbons,

The book will close and my heart find peace

Maybe today, on moon pale carpets

My sad, sad feet will stand up and dance.


A sound in the garden, not of cat or of bird

On the wind there's a sweetness

And a tasting of hope

Gently, the lavender heart starts to sway

And I watch it transfixed and I turn towards the door....







                 

©by Voo
Feb 24, 2010   
9:36 p.m.

3 comments: