collab

Monday, August 21, 2017

ADJUSTING TO THE SILENCE









Adjusting to the Silence



Adjusting is never easy
For the heart is set in stone
To turn to touch the one you love
And find that they are gone.

The ears are tuned to tender words
The hands are taught to reach
The smile's a prize for sorrowed eyes
And the tongue, it lives to teach.

But these things are worthless to a soul
That has no anchor's depth
A ship that's tossed on a lonely sea
With one crew member left.

The prose of your heart, it fills my thoughts
With passion's memory, calls
The laughter that taught my heart to sing
Is silenced, once, for all.

Adjusting to the silence
(I do not think I can)
My world's an empty seashell now
Half buried in the sand.

My ears are full of wordless roars
That make no sense, no rhyme
Those sounds of joy were all deployed
When our love ran out of time.















©by Voo
May 18, 2005
midnight


1 comment: