collab

Thursday, March 28, 2019

DESPERATE CHARACTERS




start music now









Desperate Characters


Desperate characters
we dance in the dark
trying to capture
that magic, that spark

Wining and dining
and yearning to feel
the way that we did once
when true love was real

Desperate characters
we probe with our eyes
and try to detect there
the truth and the lies

Hoping for something
that can't be replaced
by strangers and others
that time has erased

Desperate characters
we give it a whirl
out there on the floor
the ballroom of the world

Of loving and losing
and losing some more
two ships without anchors
that have crashed on the shore

Still looking for magic
and longing for home
cause a house is just shelter
when you live alone

Desperate characters
trying so to be brave
holding onto a moment
that the heart cannot save

Then the music, it stops now
and the bright lights come on
in the dark, I was hopeful
but I'm leaving alone.









©by Voo
Sept 13, 2005
1:23 a.m.











Fabian Perez
painter of these marvelous paintings



16 comments:

  1. It IS a dance, of sorts, isn't it? Love this write....but I love most of your works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a masterpiece! How well you blended your poem with the pictures is masterful. I can’t say enough! Love it!
    A desperate woman should never be left alone though! My opinion! πŸ’ƒπŸ»πŸ•ΊπŸ»

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, David. Glad you like it. I love how it all came together
      even though I wrote the poem in 2005. Yeah...we desperate women.....you gotta be careful.
      We can dance with you all night and then slip out the door when your back is turned!!!
      lol don't ask me how I know.......I'm desperate but very picky!!!! lol (and not very
      desperate at the moment) Don't you love this song???!!!!

      Delete
    2. Yep! Sure did! I closed my eyes as I was listening to it. I got so relaxed as I listened to it. I love her voice.
      Speaking of voice. How many of those poems of yours do you have that you narrate! I love to hear how the reader expresses the story. I love to read some of my stuff to some folks who appreciate some of the stuff I write.

      Delete
    3. https://soundcloud.com/user-780266601/sets/voos-poetry

      Here are some of my recorded poems, a song and just some music. hope it opens for you. thanks!!!

      Delete
  3. No. It didn’t open!

    I’ve also posted on the first 2 of Warriors of the way blogs and did not appear on the comments. You’re missing out on some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you highlight the link? if you do that the link should take you directly there,don't click on it but just
    highlight it and it should open and take you to soundcloud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got it! Amazing grace David! It's beautiful Voo!

      Delete
    2. https://soundcloud.com/user-780266601/tears-are-my-companions-2-by-spiritsong?in=user-780266601/sets/voos-poetry

      A song I wrote
      Yeah, any time you can't get a link to open, just highlight it with your curser
      and then click on it.

      Delete
    3. It won't open it but you'll see something open that will take you to it
      so just follow that, is what I meant. I love this song. That's my friend singing lead on it.

      Delete
    4. That's a beautiful folk type song! She has a beautiful voice. You wrote it huh? Very nice!!!! May be some day you can send me the song manuscript, if at all possible. Sometimes reading as the song plays gives it more fullness.

      Delete
    5. Trying to find the lyrics. probably on another laptop....

      Delete
  5. Reread it again. There's something about a woman in a black dress. I'm leaving you a oldie but goodie. With lyrics!!!! Enjoy!!

    https://youtu.be/I0fcb5T1pcM

    ReplyDelete