collab

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Let Me Lie






Let Me Lie


Though I die of love and it's wanting
Let me lie in it's embrace
Until I perish

For there is no softer, no grander gesture
Than to die in love's arms
Even though the many die underneath it's feet.

Still the few, like me and you
Voluntarily give ourselves to the burning of the light
Knowing we shall be together forever in eternity.

It is an easy choice and the only choice
Hearts like ours may make
For we have died a thousand times, what is one more?

With the rising of the golden dawn
We raise our faces again to the silver sky
There on the other side of forever.

And entwining lips and arms and souls
We find ourselves and who we are
There in the empty spaces that God has made
And we are home. Again.


©by Voo
Oct 22, 2019
9:35 a.m.

3 comments:

  1. A poem to cheer you up!!!! I know things are bad right now with the
    family things and you not feeling your best but here's something I hope
    you like. Can't wait to go to the Film Festival with you. That's exciting to
    have a friend's film in the competition! Feel better. See you soon. Nick Nack (I
    guess I'm stuck with that name now!! lol)


    A Poem For You

    Lying here gazing at the wide blue sky

    I think of your face looking down on me

    Your smile like the sun

    Your eyes raining love

    But with tears of joy

    And I feel lucky and blessed

    Like no man before me

    And no man after me

    Because of you

    And all you give and all you bring

    And how sweet you are

    And deeply you love

    In a thousand ways

    And I thank God for you

    My Precious One,

    Always.



    ©Nicholas John

    For my Star Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. too corny???? 😊☺😂 sorry. I'm just a corny kind of guy lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick!!! thank you!!!! That's so sweet!
      You corny adorable astronaut wannabe!!!
      tears...

      Delete