collab

Saturday, May 15, 2021

REMEMBERING TOMORROW

 



Remembering Tomorrow



Remembering tomorrow

And the things not yet to be

Things unspoken, dreams undreamed

The story of you and me.


Forgetting yesterday

And the way the two of us

Fell in the love that fell away

As our hearts forgot to trust.


Thinking of you in my arms

And the light shining from our eyes

In the game of love, declared the winners

With one another's hearts as our prize.


All we could see was tomorrow

Yesterday was just fairytale lore

A dream come to pass with a promise to last

Needs fulfilled but always needing more.


What happened to us, tell me, love

All the joy has drowned in sorrow

Tell me how to let go of yesterday

When I'm still remembering tomorrow.



©by Voo Shining Stone

May 14, 2021



2 comments:

  1. A great write! tear jerker, actually.
    Who were you remembering when you wrote this?
    Dare I ask? But never me, right?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete