collab

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Obsession (An Oldie From Voo's Vault)

 Obsession


When I see your eyes

I lose my mind, I lose my balance

And I go tumbling down

Down into the deep, dark warmness of your soul.

When I see your mouth, I feel an overwhelming hunger

A thirst for the dew of your lips

A desire to be devoured by the one thing

That I cannot live without which is you.

When I feel your nearness, I cannot breathe, I cannot think

I can only feel and feeling you

Is all that sustains me, brings me to life

For life without you is not even existing.

Let us dance the dance of love

Let us eat the fruit of love

Hold me in your hands

 And feel my heart.

Hear me speak without words,

 See without eyes, love without reason

I am yours as surely

As the birds believe the sky is theirs,

I am yours as surely 

As the fishes think they own the sea

If I am deceived then it's because I wish to be

I am blind with my eyes wide open.

Loving you, I believe myself to be immortal

Loving you, I think my love to be indestructible

Yet every day that you're not here

I am destroyed and slowly dying.

I feel like a dry and arid desert 

Come, pour your love out on me

And I will blossom and flourish

Like a garden in your care.

I love you. I want you. I need you as air

Let me fall into your eyes

And tumble there forever

On and on, over and over

Forever and ever, falling in love.


 ©by Voo Shining Stone 

Sometime in the past


2 comments:

  1. Such an alluring and enticing writing! Charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remembered the man who broke my heart after I had shared that poem with him.
      So there are bittersweet memories associated with this write.....

      Delete