collab

Friday, April 2, 2021

My Prayer

 My Prayer


Mercy, lay your hands on me

Mercy, let me see

Mercy only Heaven shows

When blinded my eyes be.


Comfort, let my hurting head

Upon your shoulder lay

Comfort,  take me in your arms

And Comfort, let me stay.


Peace, please touch my troubled mind

Peace, my heart renew

Peace, flood my dry desert bare

And fill my soul with you.


Love, remold me in your hands

Love, my wounds repair

Love, smooth all my jagged parts

Strewn broken way out there.


Sweetness, let me taste of you

Sweetness, take away

Sweeten all the bitterness 

Soured on my tongue today.


Joy, teach me your laughing songs

Joy, teach me how to dance

Joy, replace my sad sad dreams

That never had a chance.


Righteousness, take hold of me

Take my flesh away

Lead me in the holy paths

Make me forget to stray.


Patience, help me to slow down

When through this life, I’m fleeing

Heal the hearts I carelessly break

When I walk by, not seeing.


Gentleness, show me how to touch

The ones I chance to meet

Turn away their wrath with smiles

Not kick them with my feet.


Longsuffering, help me to be strong

When hardships come my way

Keep my eyes upon the prize

That I’ll receive one day.


Charity, let me always give

And not, self-centered, take

Share my riches with the poor

And leave blessings in my wake.


Heaven, breathe your breath on me

On this and every day

And for every gift that I receive

Let me give ten more away.



©By Voo

Sept 18, 2011

6:33 p.m.


2 comments:

  1. The Fruit of the Spirit! Each one as important as the other.......May we always be lead by them, even into eternity!

    I loved reading your poem! 🙏🏼❤️🌹

    ReplyDelete