collab

Friday, April 2, 2021

Running Away With You






Running Away With You


I set out on the sea of love
One dark and daunting night
I only wanted to find my love
And kiss and hold him tight.

I didn't know the way to go
To bring him back to me
I only knew that he was there
Across the salty sea.

I sent him letters by mermaids
By dolphins and by birds
But I don't know if he received
Or read a single word.

I wrote him songs in my heart
And sang them to the sky
But I don't know if he heard my songs
Or my solemn, saddened cry.

So I packed my little boat
And set out on the sea
Trusting angels to help me find
My love so far from me.

And when I find my dear one
I tell you what I'll do
I'll tell him the "next time you go away"
I'm running away with you!




©by Voo
Oct 7, 2019


sea sounds


2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written poem, Voo! Love it!

    That Norah Jones has captured my heart! I should take her up on that proposal! Lol....sweet song! Come away with me!

    ReplyDelete