collab

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

My Star That Fell Out Of Heaven a poem my friend wrote

 





My Star That Fell Out Of Heaven



Searching skies all of my life
And hopelessly in vain
I ached to find that shining star
To make me shine again.

I looked above, I looked below

I looked with all my soul
And never did I find the one
That proved to be my goal.

Until I saw your shining eyes

Your warm glow like the sun
I looked into those dark brown eyes
And knew you were the one.

My heart just fell down at your feet

Like a knight before a queen
And drowned in your magnificence
Like none I'd ever seen.

I could not grasp reality

For I'd thrown my dreams away
But every dream I'd ever had
Became reality that day.

I felt a foolish school boy

There in your presence dear
Stumbling over my own two feet
Whenever you came near.

I tried to think of words to say

To make you feel my joy
To show you I was strong and true
And not just a lovesick boy.

And then you let me touch your hand

Look deep into your eyes
And I saw all that I'd dreamed of
Much to my surprise.

Looking back into my eyes

With yearning of your own
You put my hand upon your heart
And my heart found it's home.

I don't know what I ever did

To deserve someone like you
But if you give this man the chance
I'll prove myself to you.

I'll make you happy the rest of my life

Each cycle of twenty-four/seven
I don't need to search the dark skies anymore
I've got my own star that fell out of Heaven.





To my beautiful  Star Girl 

By Nicholas John Trevnor
July 14, 2019




1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great poem Nicholas! I certainly can’t compete with that!

    ReplyDelete