collab

Friday, March 24, 2017

BEAUTY FOR MY EYES










Beauty For My Eyes

I found something I had never lost But searched for all my life I found some peace there in the pieces In the art work of the knife. That had ripped my soul to tiny shreds And left the scene of crime To find other victims of this fate And to blur my face with time. I found something I had never lost Because I never owned it I never knew a love that was true (Or at least, I've never known it.) For lies have been my daily bread And tears have been my feast I've begged for beauty for my eyes And only seen the beast. The cold hard truth is: love is cruel And pain it's only measure No scales have weighed an ounce of joy No real artist painted pleasure. But now I've found a canvas fresh A palette full and new And colors spring from my paint brush For I found myself in you. Now I can paint a rainbow Now I can sketch a dove And the loneliness that haunted my every footstep Has been banished by your love. I found something I had never lost I found it in your eyes I found the book of love and truth And tore out all the lies. The knife that ripped me is thrown away The teardrops all but ceased And joy immeasurable has filled me up Beauty's killed the beast.

words only ©by Voo
Nov 16, 2004
12:30 a.m.



1 comment:

  1. Nice! The girl finally gets the guy! Or is it the guy finally gets the girl! Yes that's it. And love is no longer cruel to her!

    ReplyDelete