collab

Monday, March 27, 2017

THE JOY OF TOMATO













THE JOY OF TOMATO 


                     

Juice dripping down my browned arms,
I bit into the vine ripened Jersey tomato like a satyr

I couldn't wait to get it into the kitchen,
I couldn't wait to wash the dirt away

I wanted it right then! Right there!
In the garden, in the noon time sun

And I indulged my desire and gave in to red lust
And when I had finished, I looked around

To see the neighbors, the mail man, the bill collectors,
Standing there staring at me in wonder

And I blushed and hung my head in shame,
Until they started applauding.

                                      
 ©By Voo  
     2007









2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey! B.ozo!!! you came to visit!!! If I had known you were coming I'd a....made a Pineapple Right Side Up Cake!!! Or a Cheerio Casserole or sumpin special in yore honor...cause I know you eats weird thangs...like Muskrat and Mashed Potatoes and Irish Whiskey Stew and Fried Baloney and Eggplant sandwiches.......mmmm..now I'm hungry!!! lol 🤣😋😐

      Delete