collab

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

ON THE WIND





On The Wind


I left some words out on the wind
A whispered prayer, and said "amen"
I spoke into my hands and sighed
And then released them to the sky.


I saw your face there in the moon
For just a moment and none too soon
All day I'd hungered for your smile
To come and warm me for awhile.


I heard the voices in the trees
I felt the soft, sweet breath of breeze
It touched my hair, it touched my cheek
I was so moved, I couldn't speak.


Leaning on my cabin door
My heart was full but needed more
The day was done, the night was long
My ears were longing for your song.


Do you not see? Do you not know?
My heart's with you wherever you go
A hundred lifetimes, a hundred ages
You're written here on my life's pages.


How my soul yearns, my body burns
Do you not feel me? Do you discern?
I need to hold you. I need to say
The words to make you come and stay.


The morning dawns now and still I stand
Holding lonely in my hand
My words are out there flying free
Why can't your lost heart hear my plea?



©by Voo
Sept 1, 08
12:52 a.m.
for Mark C.








No comments:

Post a Comment