collab

Saturday, October 31, 2020

SUNDAY NIGHT- FALL BACK- MIGHTY SAM- CHANGE THE TIME BLUES (well, it's Saturday night this year but hey...)




start music now. yes...Now

Mighty Sam McClain
When the Hurt is Over






"Sunday Night- Fall Back-Mighty Sam-Change The Time- Blues"



Raining.........
Six o'clock
On a Sunday evening
Or it would be
If the dadblamed government
Would stop changing the time on us!
Hell, I was late yesterday
When it was actually six o'clock
How can I keep from being late today
When it's only five???
Damn. Damn. Damn.
(Sorry, Lord)
But You know how I get
When they change the time on me......
I get frustrated and mad
More so than usual
But You already know that, don't You?
I am truly a mad woman
In every sense of the word.

I went to a concert last night
The sweetest, bluest, broken-hearted-est
Lonely singer singing the most gorgeous
Soft, down and dirty, fact of life songs
You ever heard
At least when you could hear what he was saying
Over the crash and tumble of beer bottles
Falling down those crazy steep tiers
Of the auditiorium that made me think
Of some kind of M.C. Escher drawing
Lord, forgive me
But I was almost wanting and waiting
To see someone go head first down those tiers
Into rock and roll Hell
I just didn't want it to be me.

Mighty Sam, Mighty Sam!!
You're tearing me up, Son
But I can't stop listening to you today
Your blues stained voice is the perfect soundtrack
To the way I feel
And how is that, you might ask?
I feel like kicking something.......
I feel like punching somebody.....
I feel like crying and screaming
And making love to somebody
Is that too much information? Sorry.
No, I'm not! Why should I be?
It is what it is.

I had almost stopped writing
I don't know why I'm writing now
Maybe I need to..........
Vent, rant, rave, yell, pray
I don't know
I feel crazy a little bit
It was cold while ago, now it's hot
The weather can't make up it's mind either
Evidently..........
How do you expect me to make up mine?
I just want to sing and dance
In any kind of order at all
And not any specific kind of song and dance
Just as long as it's with someone I like
And someone that likes me
But there doesn't seem to be anybody like that
Around right now
Dammit!

I sure am cussing a lot today, ain't I?
Does that mean I'm a bad girl?
Or a good girl feeling bad?
The crazy thing is that I am actually feeling good
So why am I feeling so bad?
See? I told you......
It's that damn time changing thing!
It makes me crazy
It makes me confused and lost
In need of being found
And I couldn't even go to church this morning! 
'Cause my damn car is broke down ......again
Just got it out of the shop last week
And towed it back in to 'em yesterday
That car hates me
Hates me cause I won't wash it
And I won't wash it cause it won't run!
Stupid car.
Stupid life
Stupid government
Stupid time change!!!

The only good thing right now
I can think of
Is Mighty Sam McClain
Singing on the stereo
And really, he's already run his race
And is gone on up to Heaven
Where all good little blues boys and girls go
When they've run out of songs....and blues
That surely ain't me, is it?
I am just full up with songs and blues
And frustration and mean madness
And Snicker Bars and papaya juice
And a long rainy night looking in at me  
Right now outside my window
Wondering why the evening news is on now
Instead of the real six o'clock?
(The night don't know neither.)

Well, I reckon that's all I got to say
Ain't nobody listening no way
But Mighty Sam
And he can't hear me so well
Where he's at on the other side of the sky
I wish he could
I sure would love to sing with him
Show him how it feels to really have the blues.....
Woman-kind of blues
The kind of blues no man would ever understand
'Cause let's face it....
Like Latimore said, it's usually a man 
That walks in bringing the blues anyway
Always acting like he don't understand....
But we know he understands 
Even when he plays dumb as a door nail
And innocent as the driven snow
He knows. He knows.

I'm sure it was a man
Who came up with this time change nonsense too!
No woman would do something that stupid
'Cause women have to get up at the crack of dawn
And cook and clean and get children out of bed
And get dressed and made up to look good
To some late rising man who never notices her anyway..........
Damn. There I go again......

Maybe I should go to bed and wait for tomorrow
Wait for tomorrow like I do everyday
Like I always will
And always have
And I'll get re-adjusted and fall in line again
And get my silly self straightened out 
Like Latimore wants me to
And all will be well again
In Heaven and on Earth
Until I get my heart broke again
And my car won't start
And I hear another blues song on a rainy Sunday evening
And the powers that be....who we all know are Not women..........
Will change the damn time again!
Sigh
dammit...........


©by Voo
November 4, 2018
7:22 p.m. or 6:22 p.m. or 5:22 p.m.
Who knows?

poor sad Voo
poor poor mean, mad
sad Voo

😒😁😜😆🤔😢😜🤔🤣🤣🤣





      
Latimore....... who wants to straighten out
what he made crooked in the first place.....

😜😜😜😜




EXTRA added bonus for ya!!!!


And the man I went to see in concert that night.....lawd have mercy!!!


14 comments:

  1. Lol all I can say is move to Phoenix AR. They don't change the time there. Poor Poor Voo Voo....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My state is trying to change that now too. I hope they do! cause it changes again this Sunday!!!

      Delete
  2. Is that all you had? You were on a roll . That was a lotta good ole every day kind of venting!

    “Ain't nobody listening no way” — I heard every word! I loved it.
    I’m just now getting around to reading some of your blogs. Really enjoyed reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks, David. I 'm crazy, ain't I??? haha I'm very calm and lady-like in real life.....
      but I let loose when I write!!!! woo boy!!!! Everybody's got to have an outlet, right???
      Thank God for poetry. And friends. And God...... who knows how oh, so human we humans are.
      And loves us anyway...........

      Delete
  3. Crazy? No! You’re not crazy! I let loose myself! Haven’t you been reading all my comments. The average person who didn’t understand me would call me nuts! Everyone has to have an outlet! Thanks for being my outlet and allowing me to express myself as I have. It’s not often I can do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm catching up on your comments. Been sleeping a loy since the tests.

      Delete
  4. Another hour forward or backwards. More or less joy?
    Does your heart know what time it is. Do emotions move in linear fashion?
    One more tick of the clock on to another day. Must remove a tick from somewhere else. Another time another place. Music is timeless and yet slips through our fingers as we lose connection to the notes.

    Hush, hush, Voo the music from a concert lingers on long after the last note is unplugged. Transferred to our hearts, remembered by our minds. Only as eternal as our memories are coherent. Do you remember the last reality that played these notes? Do you remember the last take of the clock? Was it an hour more or an hour less? Where were you in the last reality when daylight was saved? What end of the spectrum with you on when the daylight was lost? What does the memory of the music tell you?

    In the mist were you Voo? Were you Greg, Bob, Sarah? In the last reality what were you when the hour was changed? Did the music play in your ear and not your heart? Did you dance in the rain between the drops? Did you saying? Or was it the time and that reality where you picked up instrument and amplified the melody? There may be a reason why you can't stop listening to Sam today. Do you remember the reason why you tear up and get torn down. But which reality are you remembering? Was it before you lost in our or after?

    In another reality in between the lost/gained hour where you the beginning of someone else's note, or the end? In this reality you kick and punch and cry. And you write about it. In the next will you be the energy in someone else's pen? Will you be there before the hour loses or after? Where all crazy Voo. Today we changed the daylight for a farmer. Maybe just to hold back the night for one more hour. Shorten the night just a little more so we don't remember the melody of the music from the last reality.

    Indulgent Voo, maybe we scribed these words down to kick them away and huddle into the corner clutching our knees to our chest. Hoping that they stay where we typed them. Hoping that we forget the melody of change. Hoping that we give up the memory as we give up the hour. Or maybe we hold on to scorn the mundane daily annual repetitive ritual of giving and taking time. Maybe, just maybe, we can dump the memory of the melody. Too happy to bear, too painful to stand.

    Creative Voo, is it ever truly all any of us have to say? Is it true that nobody listens? Even the people we truly want to hear. Maybe that's why we take away the hour. Maybe that's why we search for it back. Every year, every decade, for eternity. Even before governments, huddled in caves, wishing that we could take back or get back an hour of time with the melody of change.

    Rainy days Voo, rainy days. One reality into the next. The music, the memories, the melodies. Trying hard to lose in an hour what we prayed for so hard the hour before. The notes play on for and against. The hours are added and then taken away. And then we move on to the next reality to start anew.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is quite an opus, isn't it, JRay, Wordsmith of The Rigs?
      If I had half a mind, I would attempt to ascertain the meaning of it all but as I do not
      possess such a gift as half a mind, I shall just read it, once, twice, three times a.....
      oh, wait, that's a song by the Commodores, right? My bad. I do get distracted, don't I? lol Nevertheless, I am creative, especially in the rain and you are a good writer, especially in the truck with hands at 2 and 10 and making up things orally instead of with your hands as most writers do. Although I do orate on the rare occasion, I must say. Have a nice FallBack Day and have fun cooking. I challenge you to prepare my favorite dish from Yon Olive Garden named CHICKEN SCAMPI .My mouth fair waters at the mere mention of it. Maybe I can call Bite SQUAD to run get me some.....I just hate paying $35.00 for a $15.00 dish!!!! lol Once, twice, thrice...that was what I meant to say earlier. but I was thinking of other things...like tall men who can sing and dance choreographically and who call me Lady. I was never crazy about being called a Brick house though have been called that several times. But it's just stupid. Don't you think so? Why am I talking so much today???? It must be that extra HOUR I got! Now, I doesn't know what to do with it. hmmm adieu 🙄

      Delete
    2. and btw: that was really an incredible write! Were you dictating that as you drove??? 🤔

      Delete
    3. Lol I Read this while I was home. And what I wrote was dictated on my home system. It's what I thought of when I read yours.

      Delete