collab

Thursday, December 27, 2018

THIS QUIET MOMENT




This Quiet Moment



The noise of life ebbs
As your whispered words 
Hold me sway
In the music of your heart

How my soul leaps
At the caress of your voice,
My skin burns
At the caress of your touch

Is this a dream
Or the fantasy a fevered mind conjures
From needing so much
And receiving so little?

There have been nights
In my waiting
That I could not bear the longing, 
Could not stand the needing.

When I thought I would go mad
Or lose myself in unsated desire
To catch a glimpse of the shadow 
Of your face.

I know you wait there
As I wait here
But the map that leads me to you
Is missing, is long lost, or gone forever.

How do I reach 
The ground you stand on,
The sphere you exist in,
The world you abide on?

I know not........
For there are oceans between us
And mountains before us
And treacheries around us.

Dark spells wrought to thwart me away from you
Webs of deceit to bind me from running
Chains of broken hearts to keep me from trusting
And yet, somehow I do. And yet, somehow I do. 

This astral meeting is all we have for now
This shadow kiss, this ethereal bliss
And it is so good. But not good enough
For hot red blood still flows through our veins.

In the chaos of the world, 
I can barely hear you
Can barely see your saddened face
Waiting in the lamplight at the gate.

 But there you are, my love!
Strong and sure and eager
To reach through mists of time
And touch the hand that enfolds yours 
Like a glove.

In this quiet moment
We have been granted by sheer will
And God's mercy
To meet in manifested love
Solid as a rock.

And maybe this moment
Won't last very long
And maybe it will last forever
Who is to say?

Maybe if I press my lips to yours
And never let go
When you fade into the shadows
I will go with you.

Or maybe you will stay with me
And become more than a vision,
But the man you are in my dreams
While we hold onto reality with all our souls.

Don't be afraid, you will never disappear
No matter how old you grow or how weak, your flesh
Somehow we will find a way to stay together
Love is a living thing
And it will find it's way............
Even my doubting heart believes that.


©By Voo
Dec 27, 2018
2:20 a.m.






4 comments:

  1. Quite spectacular in every atom

    It took to manifest into being

    One of your best writes

    I've ever seen🙌

    Mista Anon Y Mous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carry on Doctor/Teacher/Love
    With u in this beautiful poem
    There is heartburn.grief
    Hope& believe keep us on the desired track
    Also reminded me in a way of Yeats poem

    KSingh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, dear man! So nice to see you here and to read an actual comment!!!! Many thanks. Hope you and yours are alright. Voo

      Delete