collab

Sunday, May 3, 2020

I Dreamed I Was a Slave Girl






I Dreamed I Was a Slave Girl


I dreamed I was a slave girl
Kneeling at your feet
Occasionally you glanced at me
With a smile not sour nor sweet.

I didn't know what I should do
I didn't know how to act
I tried to give my heart to you
But you just threw it back.

I learned the slave girl dances
I was schooled in slave girl charms
I was told that if I learned to please
I would soon be in your arms.

Though you barely looked upon me
And ignored my foreign face
But if I stumbled in my duties
You would put me in my place.

Each night I danced before you
As you ate your evening meal
But I never knew if you were pleased
Your heart I could not feel.

I danced in veils of silken threads
With belly bared and taut
With bells around my ankles
And wondered what you thought.

But I was never summoned
To your palace chamber door
I tried so hard to give my best
But you never asked for more.

And then one night I threw myself
Down on my bed to sleep
And swore I cared for you no more
And no more for you would weep.

I no longer tried to catch your eye
But flirted with your brothers
Dancing far away from you
And closer to the others.

I twirled my silks around them
As I danced to beating drums
They begged for my attention
And I coyly gave them some.

I fed them grapes and poured their wine
I kissed their fevered brow
I never looked your way again
But you looked my way now.

One night you reached your royal hand
Out to summon me
But I danced away out of your reach
And darted away free.

Then later when the house was quiet
I was summoned by a slave
I told him that I could not come
And no excuse I gave.

I lay all night in darkness
Wondering my fate
They told me I would surely die
If my master, did forsake.

For a fortnight I was left alone
Not knowing what you'd do
But then one night, your servant came
Saying "He has need of you."

I bathed, perfumed and oiled myself 
Dressed in my finest silk
Adorned my body in jewels that gleamed
Against skin pale as milk.

And I let myself be led away
To your rooms by candle light
And then prostrated myself before
My master there that night.

For minutes there was no sound at all
No movement nor a word
And then you said the strangest thing
That I was not sure I'd heard.

You raised my face up to your face
And kissed my trembling hand
"You are a woman before me now
And I am just a man."

I didn't know what I should do
Or what words I should say
What trick is this, I wondered
What game is this you play?

I frowned at you and raised a brow
As you went down upon your knee
"My queen, I am your slave tonight
Feel free to command me."

My heart raced wild within my breast
I thought it was a dream
I didn't know if I should laugh
Or run away and scream.

 "I don't know..." I started
But you hushed me with a kiss
"So long, you've driven me mad and now
Look, it has come to this."

"And what is this?" I queried
"I've tried hard to bring delight."
"No game, sweet slave, true joy you gave
"Now, dance for me tonight."

And I knelt and contemplated
As your musicians gathered there
Waiting for my dance to start
As I trembled 'neath your stare.

Then a boldness came upon me
Like a tigress running wild
No more a timid slave girl
No more so meek and mild.

I danced for you with pleasure
I danced for you to see
How much I'd always loved you
Now I knew you wanted me.

Your eyes narrowed with your wanting,
Your body losing it's control
I danced till I was satisfied
That my soft hands held your soul.

And I fell down before you
As the night turned into dawn
And the candles all were melted wax
And the musicians all were gone.

Then I stood up and with my eyes
Commanded you to be
King, no more, Master, no more
But servant unto me.

And you let me lead you by the hand
To the bed of paradise
A slave girl who loved her master so......
But a Queen now in your eyes.

dancing at a party


©By  Voo
11/15/19







28 comments:

  1. I tried to give my heart to you
    But you just threw it back....... I was ready to throttle this guy until he summoned her. It really had me going there. Great little story, Voo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it??? I dreamed this and wrote it down
      the next day. Didn't know your buddy was a belly dancer did ya???
      Isn't this the way most great love stories go?
      A perpetual game of cat and mouse?? And rarely with a happy ending...sigh

      Delete
    2. I've never seen a belly dancer much less known one. But now I have one for a buddy. How lucky can a guy be!
      That cat and mouse game can be fun for a while but when it gets serious, then there's a real chase that takes place. Your Buddy knows!!! Mrrrowrr!

      Delete
    3. Bigger grin....Here we are playing our own cat and mouse game going back and forth with the comments. Thanks. You've made my evening!

      Delete
    4. Hey! Is that you in the picture that says, "dancing at a party?"

      Delete
    5. SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!! be quiet! *puts finger to lips* shhhhh
      😎😎😎🙄😶

      Delete
    6. SSSSSHHHHHHH! I have my hand over my mouth.

      Delete
    7. stop it, bad boy. you need a whupping....lol

      Delete
    8. I know! I think you gave me a word whuppin earlier!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. why do you laugh, JayRay??
      🧐👀

      Delete
    2. My very own slave girl. My very own slave girl. My very own slave girl.

      Delete
    3. That's EXACTLY what I thought you were laughing about!!!!
      uh huh.............lol well, it was a heated dream....and the
      poem is kinda....*fans self.....you know.....sigh

      Delete
    4. Hold on.. I'm going to need a minute.... lol

      Now say that again, I was kind of lost in a moment.

      Delete
    5. You got extra brain lobes....don't pretend you are confused. lol
      let me rephrase that...naw....forget it. Don't need no interpretation...🙄😏
      however, I will accept that you need a moment or two. It's pretty steamy in that sauna bath
      right now, isn't it???? haha

      Delete
    6. btw: it's ok to be a love slave, just not a slave....💖

      Delete
    7. I'm sorry I was feeling a little light-headed and spent. Now what were you saying I seem to have a lack of blood to those lobes. Funny thing, I'm sure I would have plenty of blood before I started reading this. LOL

      Delete
    8. rofl reading between the lines........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    9. I've been both one at a time and simultaneously. There's a certain sense of pleasure in both.

      Delete
    10. Okay let me try a translation of those pictographs.

      I saw explosions twice over. Then I felt like I was knocked into orbit with the Stars. Could he be blowing smoke? Never! He's not 18. This could get Radioactive....

      How'd I do?

      Delete
    11. Pretty darned good for a Lost Boy!!!
      You know we Lost Boys and Girls have a language all our own.
      Nobody understands us. Not even us.

      Delete