collab

Saturday, August 8, 2020

She's But Braiding Her Hair

























She's But Braiding Her Hair



I thought I saw her yesterday

Down at the park where we would lay
Under the elms and willow trees where she would run and hide and tease
And kiss me softly when she was caught and concede the battle that wasn't fought

I thought I saw her sweet face there just momentarily but a stranger stared
And I blinked my eyes and she was gone and I cried to find myself alone.

I thought I heard her musical voice
Tthough in my mind I have no choice
I hear her calling throughout my dreams that wake me to hear my own voice scream
I know she's gone, I know she's gone and left the house, taken the home
I know she's crossed to the other side and left me on this one to reside
With these sweet memories and these sweet dreams that feel so real it merely seems.

That she's still here, safe in my care
She's in front of her mirror, just braiding her hair
In the room down the hall where the moonlight is spilling
And the scent of her perfume is alluring and chilling
There, I hear her faint laughter. There, I see her hair flow
On the silk of the pillow so alive in the glow.

And I want so to love her and I want so to be
With the love of my life that was taken from me
My life is a shadow of the life we once lived so I lie to myself that I've more love to give
That at the end of the day at the top of the stair...............
She's at home, she's not gone, 
She's but braiding her hair.

























 ©by Voo
   Oct 28-29, 2004
   for D 

2 comments:

  1. So sad! Lost the love of is life. I guess now he's just reminiscing! A beautiful write my dear!

    I love this line: (And kiss me softly when she was caught and concede the battle that wasn't fought), I knew someone, this fit her well. That was long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. just ran across this old one but didn't think it was good enough to post. glad
      you like it.

      Delete