collab

Monday, August 8, 2022

Van Gogh And I (An oldie From Voo's Vault)





Starry Starry Night 



Van Gogh and I 


Van Gogh was a poet

Who painted picture words

A tortured soul with shattered heart

At least that's what I've heard.


I sit for hours and contemplate

The purpose of his plight

Then throw up my hands and lose myself

In his starry "Starry Night."


He had a knack for choosing

Pale ordinary scenes

And touching them with magic

And changing what they mean.


He turned ugliness into beauty

And beauty into scorn

He threw away the scented rose

And gave pity to the thorn.


He never knew the taste of love

And yet it brought him low

Love played the game of hide and seek

But it's face it would not show.


Love made him paint the portraits

Love made him wield the brush

He gave his life and soul for love

And love left his heart crushed.


His tired old men look sadly out

Of their prisons (picture frames)

They cry out for their privacy

For their hundred years of shame.


In every field and peasant

I see Van Gogh's expression

His hope and hopelessness comes through

For he never learned his lesson.


Through Van Gogh's eyes I see the world

(Or the world as it should be)

Van Gogh and I are quite alike:

We can't face reality.


Sometimes I almost fancy

When before his work I stand

That he is in there looking out

Reaching forth his hand.


Drawing me into his world

Far from this earth of blight

To sit with him and gaze into

That eternal starry night.


And if I could, I'd take his hand

And make him want to live

The world has taken all from him

Now it's our turn to give.


Vin-cent, if you can hear me

I hope my words ring true

I long to brush away your pain

And paint a smile on you.





©by Voo
                                                                                              long ago and far away




 




Tribute to van Gogh .......His paintings......




 
                                    Video made by Bear

12 comments:

  1. He was a tragically tormented painter. Somewhat misunderstood. A tortured soul who took his own life. Died poor. But his paintings, as ordinary as they appear, are some of the most valuable and well known in the world. If he could see what he left the world!..... He drew many pictures of peasants, peasant farmers and self portraits with sad faces. I do feel for him in having gone through this plight. We'll never really know what really depressed him. I think he just felt as though he really didn't belong in this world.

    Nice tribute Voo!

    I sometimes feel as if I don't belong in this world. But it passes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister told me once that that song made her think of me
      growing up (we didn't grow up together)
      She said she thought I didn't belong in this world.
      She had no idea how right she was....is. I still don't
      belong here. Vincent just wanted to feel that someone loved him and understood him.
      That's all I ever wanted. Vincent and I have much in common. But I can't paint.
      My sister can.

      Delete
    2. You belong and you're loved too! As the lollipop licking New York City detective (Kojak) from the 70's would say, "Who loves ya, Baby?"

      And I certainly understand you. There! You've got it all.

      I can paint. I've painted my bedrooms and the kitchen. Oh, and the living room too. (messin' with you)

      I did paint in high school. One of my paintings was auctioned off and ended up on a bank lobby wall in my hometown.

      Delete
    3. good for you! I can draw and sketch so I could probably paint if I tried to. I grew up adoring Bob Ross, still do. He fascinated me. I always wished he could be my daddy. He was so kind
      and loving. Art is such a wonderful thing. But it needs to tell me a story for me to
      really love it. I'm all about the stories!!!! Me and Jesus have that in common...lol

      Delete
    4. You strike me as someone who could paint, actually. You should try it again.
      I've been sleeping all day. Those dr's tests yesterday wore me completely out. They had to put me in a wheel chair at one point and give me oxygen. The last several days I feel like I've been a
      vampire's victim...all the life sucked out of me. I'm not sure I'm going to be here much longer. I hate to tell you that but I don't. Barring a miracle, of course. 😢

      Delete
  2. BTW, I love the Mona Voo! The guy looking at your portrait, that looks like the back of my head 25 years ago, Today, it's still black with some gray. Lots of gray in the front. Anyway........

    Enjoyed the music too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you're saying about that dark haired man. It does look like you standing there
      looking at me! funny, isn't it? you sweetie.

      Delete
  3. rofl.... love it. The Mona Voo!!! lol
    This is one of my most precious writes to me.
    Always had a bond with Van Gogh. Don't know why.
    An I cried for days after seeing A Lust For Life with Kirk Douglas.
    I felt so sorry for Vincent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get you Girl! You have a tender spirit. There are certain things in life that are precious to me too.

      Delete
    2. We're just two big marshmallows running from the mean ole sticks of life....
      trying not to get roasted but continually getting roasted....lol

      Delete
    3. Yeah! And we're comin' from the same marshmallow bag too! "Stick" with me! And watch out for that other stick. And we'd best not "stick" around either.

      Delete