collab

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Too Cold To Feel The Fire




πŸ”₯Too Cold To Feel The FireπŸ”₯


Fire lives in me

It always has........

Even though I love the rain

πŸ”₯

But some people only want the rain

And run to it

When fire comes near

πŸ”₯

Their hearts are cold

Perpetually cold

Though their facades portray a warmth

πŸ”₯

I've never understood that

The attraction of fire to water

The pull of warm to cold

πŸ”₯

But that's the way it sometimes goes

In life, in weather,

In love

πŸ”₯

Some, maybe most

Crave the heat and the flame

And the passion that blazes

πŸ”₯

Some, maybe most

Of the loves of my life

Ran to, then away from my fire

πŸ”₯

Their hearts, I thought warm

All too soon turned to ice

Ice, that my heart couldn't melt

πŸ”₯

A conundrum is a puzzling word

But apropos of love

For love is this and love is that

πŸ”₯

And one would think that love's a liar

For my love burns hot but always falls

For those hearts too cold to feel the fire.

πŸ”₯


©By Voo Shining Stone

1/18/2021



2 comments:

  1. This is one hell of a poem. So full of fire Voo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanh you GF. Inspired by a comment I made to David on Warm Me! Just poured out!

      Delete