collab

Friday, June 18, 2021

Always The Rain

 Always The Rain



I was the fire

He was the rain

I was the pleasure

He was the pain


I was the joy

He was the woe

I was the yes

He was the no


I was the sweet

He was the tart

I was the whole

He tore apart


I was the sun

He was the moon

I was the bright

He was the gloom


I was the dance

He was the dirge

I was the giver

(He didn't splurge)


I was the teacher

Life did employ

He was the child

I was the toy


I was the hopeful

He, hope disdained

I opened doors

He slammed again


I gave him love

He took and ran

Enticed me back

Hurt me again


I was the passion

Blazing upward like flame

I was always the fire

But he was ever the rain.


©by Voo Shining Stone


3 comments:

  1. Great contrast in it! Well said, Your Graciousness! Some guys (and gals) never realize what they have until it’s gone………. Some are irreparable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks David. true. Believe it or not I've had flu (or Something) again.
      Worst I've ever had. Ugh. How are you?

      Delete
    2. You poor thang! Take some sour-mash whiskey, lemon juice, and some honey, mix 3 tablespoons of each and stir. Sip on it till you fall asleep and call me in the mornin’. BR-549

      I’m doing fine! Gettin ready to start a new life in a new place,
      With open fields and lots of space!
      Winnsboro is ready for me!

      Delete