collab

Friday, June 18, 2021

A Man Again

 A Man Again


My life is like a shadowed room

With sun afraid to shine

But I would throw the windows open

If only you were mine.


Cobwebs full of memories

Hang ’round this silent place

And everywhere my eyes might look

It’s there I see your face.


There is no music in this house

Except within my head

It followed you right out the door

Glanced back and then fell dead.


I look around and see myself

A remnant of a man

A ghost that has no one to haunt

A soul without a hand.


For I would reach that hand to you

And let you taste my tears

And I would show myself to you

And let you see my fears.


If only you would come to me

If only you would come

And turn this ravaged heart of mine

Into your home sweet home.


It rains here every single night

It thunders out my pain

I cannot look upon the light

Till I see you again.


My bed lies un-used and un-made

For I no longer sleep

My dreams are fragile waking things

Not real enough to keep.


But midnights in the lightning’s flash

The mirror shows you true

Standing here alone with me

In love like I’m with you.


I do not move for if I do

Your sweet face fades away

And all my love and all my need

Cannot make you stay.


So I stand still and do not breathe

And do not speak out loud

But love you with my hungry eyes

No longer cold and proud.


For when I was a mortal man

And not this apparition

I took for granted all I had

So full of supposition.


Then I woke up, a broken man

In this broken home

My sad voice echoing off the walls

Begging you to come.


Love, come, love, come !

Live here with me again

Bring back the days I counted loss

Not knowing what I’d gained.


The past is never truly gone

I know that for a fact

But show me where you threw my love

And I’ll go get it back.


My life is like a shadowed room

And your smile is the sun

If you’ll just meet me half way, love

The rest of the way, I’ll run.


I’d tear these dusty cobwebs down

If you gave me a sign

I know I could be a real man again

If  you were only mine.



©by Voo

April 26, 2011

9:31 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment