collab

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Decomposing

 



Decomposing


The songs don't come anymore

The poems don't rhyme

The clocks don't chime anymore

They don't tell time.....


The music ebbing like the tides

Does not come back

The dreams appearing for mere moments

Fade to black....


The days go gray like the clouds

All full of rain

The joy of life sparks then blazes  

And dies in pain....


Where and when will I be blessed

By touch of love

Descending down, not to ascend 

To skies above.....


Every day in every way

I taste the death

Of every dream I ever dreamed

While breathing breath....


I'm not writing, I'm not rhyming

That chapter's closing

I'm not winging, I'm not singing

I'm decomposing....


Decomposing like the roses

Dropping down

Once so high but now just lying

On the ground....


Decomposing like a nest

Emptied  of bird

Little eggshells full of songs

Now still, unheard....


Like a petal drifting slowly

Through the air

Looking for a place to land

But none is there....


I am drifting, I am falling

I'm transposing

No symphony, no verse for me

I'm decomposing....


Decomposing, void of love

And void of dreams

I'm a feather swept away

On joyless streams......


The music's fled

The poems have died

My muse walks no more

By my side.....


Decomposing 

Decomposing

I'm...........

De-composing..................









©by Voo Shining Stone

2/22/2022

2:02 a.m.

just pulled out of the air



2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this some…….. this is written as song-like! I like how you finished with that last word: you’ve finished composing the poem……….. yes/no?

    ReplyDelete