collab

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

I AM THE CROW












I AM THE

I am the crow that scarecrows flee from
Falling over their feet of straw
Losing handfuls of their dusty brains
Out among the ruins of cornfields dead and dying
But still inhabited by ghosts.

I am the crow that junkyard dogs howl at
As they run away in terror from the paleness
Of my face
For they know the truth: I am no ordinary crow.

I am the crow that love glances at
In midnight pools of moonlight
Screaming it's horror into my eyes
And crushing my still beating raven black heart.

For love alone knows above all things
That flee from me: This crow is not of this world
Does not belong, is not wanted here
And never shall be.



©by Voo Shining Stone
March 25, 06 12:46 p.m.




For Mark
whose creative face you see above


wonderful soundtrack that goes with it


Birth of a Legend




6 comments:

  1. I respect your poetry and rhythm in it, I do respect your marvelous beauty which you never knew. You think negative many times. You are peacock for me. Never metaphor with such things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. I am just a writer.....I write the emotions of others most of the time and not my own..........

      Delete
  2. Quote the Cow nevermore. Of this trait I do adore. So much feeling to be left at the emotion door. Like you voice and pen writ it forevermore.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a production here!!! I love it!
    One of my favorite movies. So this is Mark, huh?
    will comment later....having a fit of jealousy right now...
    lol Jk no, not really....he really is movie-star-ish, isn't he??

    ReplyDelete