collab

Thursday, March 16, 2017

REVOLVE LIKE THE MOON a collab by Voo and Terry the Madd Poet



 


Spinning The Wheel by George Michael
instrumental......start now......



Revolve
(Like The Moon Does)

Me


He revolves around me
Dancing a little silky two step
Sing-song-ing a scrap of lyric
He found on a stoop somewhere
After midnight when the winos were asleep.

That boy always singing! Always dancing!
Makes you feel good to be alive
To be around him on a dreary day
Revolve, girl! he tells me, smiling
Revolve! Like the moon does!

Him

And as the earth does!
This is where the birth was.
As you take your 360 degree turn,
I am watching. And so I shall too.....REVOLVE...

We formulate...
the figure eight.
lighting our footprints.
this is pure pleasure to me.
hungry for a never ending story.
But never worry.....We're ..... REVOLVING!

Me

And then he grins
And the world lights up with his joy
We lock arms and run through the intersection
Car horns blowing like trumpets
People screaming curses
That sound to our ears like blessings.

Run up to the hill
And the abandoned club house
Where the old folks say
You can still hear Louie Armstrong
Belting out his happy blues
In a smoky whisper.

Him

ON THE HILL..
TIME STANDS STILL
All except the pitter patter
of our footsteps
creating the melody of dancing poetry.

oh, what a feel, of genuine truth
as we revolve still...
longevity lives
Atop that hill.

Me

Then he turns to me
And says, See that moon?
It's already shining in your eyes
That's where I want to live forever
And I say, On the moon?
And he laughs, No, girl, in your eyes!

And he revolves around me
Dancing, singing
Holding his heart out in his hand
Until I become so dizzy
That I fall straight into his beckoning orbit
And without realizing.....
Into the mad thing called Love. 


Us




©By Voo 



and Terry, the Madd Poet
©June 22

2 comments: