collab

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

UNFINISHED the written and spoken word versions






Unfinished



When I, in lonely silent waves
Of sound, surround myself with you
Your face imprinted on my mind,
Your eyes like candles, shining,
I hold you there with terror'd fingers,
Reaching through dark rain filled clouds
To find the sun of suns.


Upon the night wind in my soul,
You fly to me like driven angels 
Breathing my name in and out
A mantra without end
So far away, the sight of you,
Yet near enough to taste
I reach for you, I yearn for you, my hungry heart to hold.


If I could dream, I'd dream you here
Within my empty arms
Your love, a fountain I'd pour out
Upon my barren fields
And I, in turn, like unborn flowers
Would bloom for you forever
Instead, I wither needlessly, like a crushed rose on the road.


I met you on a friendless sea
When there was naught before us,
But sand and sky and unvoiced hope
And furtive fevered sighs
And then we turned and walked beyond
Where trembling hands might touch
Looking back and looking back and walking ever on.


There is a song my soul would write
And you, it's sweet refrain
Relentless, in it's melody
And tears, to my eyes, bring
If God should bring you towards me now,
I'd run on broken glass
And never turn and never turn but keep my eyes on you.


This void, this chasm, in me now
With each day, wider grows
I can't be whole, I know that now,
Because I saw your face
It may never be that you find me,
And that sun may never rise
And my life will end, an unfinished song, because I don't have you.







© by Voo
April 16, 20011
1:24 a.m.
For S.
the man I walked away from
and the man who walked away.
a true story.........




                                           my video of me reading this poem
                                                       UNFINISHED

13 comments:

  1. I love the passion and how you inserted yourself into the poem. Oh and what a hunger this lonely girl has. In this void, this chasm that's in her.

    I hate to say it, but I would have to come to her rescue. That poor thing. That impoverished and deprived soul.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love listening to this! There's something about listening to someone when they read a poem or a story. I had to listen to this again. A wonderful read! I'll listen to it again some other time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was written for the man before that I loved
      who also left me behind without reason.

      Delete
    2. Wow! I bet it makes you want to be finished with men! (Just kiddin)

      Delete
    3. I wish!!! smile I did it for many years, I can do it again...
      (I think) But I doubt I will ever open up my whole heart
      to anyone ever again. The scar tissue is 8 miles thick. 😧😔😢

      Delete
    4. I truly understand Voo. And we all have setbacks. I'm always here for you.

      Delete
    5. I appreciate you so very much. A little bit of kindness
      goes a long way. Been feeling like I've had a Bull'S EYE on my back
      lately or a sign that says KICK ME. Everything I do is wrong, everything
      I say is wrong....I'm glad Somebody out there understands me!!!! 😙

      Delete
    6. And I appreciate you very much Baby Sister. As far as I'm concerned, you haven't said or done anything wrong except be loving, loyal and selfless. I'll take those faults any day! I've removed the bulls eye and kick me sign. If anyone has a problem with that then they can see me about it.

      Delete
    7. rofl Big Brother!!!! lol You just slip into these characters so easily, don't you?
      You should win an award! How kind of you to remove my signs and bull's eyes and
      volunteer to defend me against my enemies or would be whatevers....bravoo, my Knight in shining aluminum armour. The check is in the mail.

      Delete
    8. I'll just send the check back! Who's your knight in shining aluminum armour? I have many character roles. That's a whole lot better than being a wad of "GUM" on 42nd St. D'Sal Chewing Gum????? Where did that come from?

      Delete
  3. Oh do I remember this one. It’s a very poetic’y, heartfeltly, and so on and so on…… still a great poem.
    I also remember you were gonna write me in as a wad of gum, as mentioned above, in one of your stories! As a matter of fact I’m pretty sure it’s in the continuing story of D’Sal and Aachoo’s dancehall experience with a bottle of tekwila.

    ReplyDelete