collab

Sunday, December 24, 2017

CHRISTMAS EVE BLUES






Christmas Eve Blues



I spent my Christmas Eve 
Reading a book called
" Going Crazy"
And wondering if someone had snuck in
 While I wasn't looking
And written down my life story.

There on each page was a little tidbit about me
A little insanity, and a lot of sadness
I turned off the t.v.
' Cause every channel was showing fireplaces
And families and egg nog and Hollywood happiness
Tied up in red ribbons. It was absolutely depressing!
How can happiness bring you so much pain?

The frozen snow lay outside my windows like a blanket
And I watched the little birdies ice skating over the yard
In search of hopeful bread crumbs
The phone didn't ring
 And I knew it was you not calling
That's alright, I didn't expect any calls
I stopped expecting things years ago or allowing myself
To believe in Santa Claus or.... love.

The cat curls up beside me 
And purrs like a furry, little rowboat
His own feline way of telling me he loves me
And that he's glad to be in my presence........
Thank God for love in any form, I suppose.
(Sigh)






©by Voo
December 24, 2004 
12:30 a.m.

2 comments:

  1. Super-Cat to the rescue! πŸ™πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜ΊπŸ’ͺ🏻

    ReplyDelete