collab

Sunday, August 14, 2022

UNREQUITED




Unrequited 


Were I to pen a letter true
And tell my deepest thoughts to you
What would you think, what would you say
Would you rebound and run away?

Were I to sing a song of love
And convince you that 'twas from above
Would you in rapture listen to
And believe the words I sing to you?

Were I to die for true love's sake
Would you from slumber come awake
And love me then like you don't now
If I should die for you somehow?

Were I to die and haunt your dreams
In golden fields by crystal streams
In downy clouds lie down in love
Would that then win for me your love?

For all I've done has come to naught
I've found no hope in what I've sought
You've passed me by like I'm unseen
And kissed me only in my dreams.

And though I've laid my heart out bare
I know for me you do not care
My song's unheard, my words unread
In heartache's hand I make my bed.

Were I to wish now that I die
Would you in pity deem to try
And kiss my lips for pity's sake?
I'll dream forever and never wake.



©By Voo
some time ago

No comments:

Post a Comment