collab

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

EDDIE AND ME TAKE 3


EDDIE AND ME
(a true story)


the famous Eddie





Eddie and Me


Eddie the Elephant
Sleeps in my bed
Sometimes, he even
Sleeps under my head
Sometimes he crawls out
And falls on the floor
But he knows I'll wake up
And find him once more.

Eddie the Elephant
Is soft as can be
Big, gray, with two button eyes
To see me
He has a long trunk
And a fuzzy white tail
And when I am sick,
His warm hugs makes me well.

Eddie the Elephant
And Moochie the Moose
My two bestest pals
When I want to run loose
We hide in the tent house
And tear up the bed
We fill all the other toy's hearts
Full of dread.



When we play like pirates
And we play like kings
And great super heroes
And other cool things
We throw balls at bad guys
And dress up in capes
We hang from the curtains
Like aliens and apes.



And Moochie is nice
But he's little and brown
With a squeak toy inside him
That makes a neat sound
And he tries to be brave
Like Eddie and I
But he can't beat us jumping
No matter how he might try.



I have lots of toys
More so than most
And I eat lots of bananas
And a lot of cheese toast
I love tea and butter
And climbing the trees
Having imaginary
Adventures on seas.





I know lots of people
And teachers and pals
I like all the boys
But I love little gals
I like to tell stories
And sing songs and dance
Wear Mighty Mouse tee shirts
And Super Man pants.


I like speaking French
And Spanish, Chinese
But I really hate mosquitoes
Even though they like me
They chase me and catch me
When I'm in the yard
And they kiss me like Mama
But they kiss me too hard.



I love all my family
My mom and my dad
They're the best Mom and Daddy
That I've ever had
Now I'm turning five
And I'm growing so tall
That when I fall down
It's a long way to fall.

But back to my buddy
Back to my friend
I’ve got to tell ‘bout him
Before this poem ends
He’s been with me now
For many long years
Listening so closely
With his big fluffy ears.

To all of my troubles
My secrets and woes
And when I go to time out
That’s where he goes
But Eddie can’t follow
When I’m in the bath
He hides in the corner
And I hear him laugh.

Hosea

‘Cause Elmo and Moochie
Jose’, Hankey, too
Are toys that can’t get wet
(Though sometimes they do)
But Eddie the Elephant
Is so cuddly to touch
That I slobber him with kisses
‘Cause I love him so much.
Hankey

Right now I am worried
About my best friend
And I’m hoping this story
Still has a good end
‘Cause he’s in the washer
Going round and around
And I know he can’t swim
So I’m afraid he might drown.

I think he might need me
To rescue him now
I’ll think up a plan
And I’ll save him somehow
‘Cause he would save me
From the bad guys and stuff
He’s strong and he’s fearless
Though he’s just made of fluff.

So, Eddie, hold on
I’m thinking this through
I’ll pull you from the water
And I’ll rescue you
But if you go into
The dryer that’s hot
Oh, Eddie, I’m sorry
But that, I cannot.

You’ll have to be brave
And be a big boy
Though I know those ole baths
You do not enjoy
When you get out of there
You’ll be fluffy and clean
And then we can play
Like we’re pirates so mean.

I’ll squeeze you and love you
And pull your fur out
And Mama will make you
Giggle at me and shout
And we’ll drink chocolate milk
And get dirty again
Then we’ll snuggle together
‘Cause you’re my bestest friend.

Down into Dream Land
On adventures we’ll go
Climb all the mountains
And run in the snow
You’ll sleep in my arms
And maybe under my head
And in the morning I’ll find you
Somewhere under my bed.

(the un-named monkey)

But wherever you are
And wherever you go
I’ll find you and grab you
And you’ll always know
You’ll stay with me forever
When I’m all big, you’ll see
For you’ll live in this story
About Eddie and Me.



The End

Moochie



©By Voo
April 18, 2011
11:37 p.m.


Happy 5th Birthday
To the sweetest boy
In the whole wide world







No comments:

Post a Comment