collab

Saturday, May 25, 2019

SHATTERED







h a t t e r e d



I never knew you were made of glass
Until today.........
I thought you were made of steel and iron
And could take on a lion or a bear
Until today..............

 I never knew what  a rose petal I was
Until today....................
I thought I was the strongest  woman in the world
And could stand and fight with the baddest of the bad
Until today.......................

But today I saw myself being carried away by wind
Unable to stop myself from floating and flying
Not of my own accord but by someone else's
And I was terrified..................
Floating, floating, there on the wind like a rose petal
Trying to hold onto anything I could grab
But there was nothing to grab onto.

And I just kept rushing away carried by that angry wind
All the time watching you standing on a distant shore
Watching me watching you
There were tears in my eyes at the thought that I was losing you
At the thought that I would never see your face again
And yet at the same time, you seemed like a perfect stranger to me
And someone that I didn't even know and never had.

I watched you climb a mountain then that appeared on the shore
And you stood on that mountain as you watched me
Being carried away by the wind,
And you screamed out my name, once, and you jumped
You jumped off the mountain top as I watched helplessly
And you shattered into a hundred million pieces there in the sunlight
And covered the shore with crystal shards of yourself, of your heart
And all that you were and  ever had been.

And suddenly the winds changed direction
And carried me back to that shore
And dropped me there upon the shattered pieces of you
And I lay there, a tiny rose petal, who had loved you with all it's heart
And I wept like a thousand hurricanes
Full of tears for you and all you'd meant to me.

Until one of the shards of you fell on me
And tore me to ribbons
And we were both shattered in that one moment
And both stunned at the realization
That we were not as strong as we thought we were
We were fragile, so fragile
And we were dying.........................
And the world would go on in it's never ending cosmic dance
Without us.


©by Voo
May 25. 2019

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Voo...your analogy is powerful, and the poem heartbreaking. Lost love and the resulting brokenness, a last-second reach for it and all is dashed. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. It's how I felt at the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is quite a picture you've drawn! I thought I was watching a scene from a movie in my mind, it seemed so real. I certainly have one myself.

    ReplyDelete