collab

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

PEOPLE MADE OF LOVE






soundtrack for piece




People Made of Love


I sit here waiting for the man that I love
The stars are shining in the night skies above
The moon is hanging just over the hill
And all of the world is silent and still.

My love throbs inside me like the beat of a drum
Waiting for him and the moment to come
When my eyes fall upon him and his eyes meet mine
And he kisses my mouth with his own, sweet as wine.

These are moments I cherish
These are moments of bliss
His dark eyes full of passion,
His mouth burning kiss.

I will wait for his shadow to fall upon me
I will wait for his eyes to acknowledge and see
I will wait for his hunger as hungry as mine
To make it's need known, to show me it's sign.

And there in the darkness when the whole world is still
I will give myself to him, I will bend to his will
I will stand there before him with my candle and spark
And we'll love like before and we'll dance in the dark.

He's a phantom and ghost
He's a thief in the night
He's a mythical man
That only lives in my sight.

I conjured him up one night in my mind
And I created him from my own special design
And I loved him to life with my need and my want
And gave him my heart to dwell in and haunt.

And he lives there in shadow, a spectre and myth
The man that I long for and want to be with
Just a thought in my brain that I breathed into form
That took on flesh and blood with no need to be born.

They might say I am mad
And they may rightly think so
But the man that I made out of love
Doesn't know.

He's as real as I am
And I will always be
But what only I know
Is that my lover made me.

He made me of dreams and wishes and wants
And gave me his own heart to dwell in and haunt
And we met in the darkness when the full moon was bright
And we clung to each other and we danced in the night.

And when morning had come with it's bright yellow sun
The night fled away and we two turned to run
For we couldn't exist in the exposure of day
And we held hands there tightly as we faded away.

 But we met soon again
When the white moon was full
And the forces of wanting
With their pleasure and pull.

Drew us back to the yearning
And to love's glowing spark
To take form out of shadow
And to dance in the dark.

I don't know if forever is a word meant for us
We who don't know of breathing or heart beat or pulse
We are creatures of dreams, substantial enough
To take form for short moments
Though we're made out of love.

People made out of love
And magic and dream
Not made like mere mortals
Who are just what they seem.

We are haunting and haunted
And we know of none else
I am created by him
And he sprang from myself.

And now I sit here waiting for the man that I love
Again to appear with the full moon above
The passing of time is a blade that cuts sharp
For people like us that exist in the dark.

We didn't learn how to hold back the time
I just wanted his love and he wanted mine
So we conjured and created but something went wrong
And our moments are magic but they do not last long.

Perhaps one day we'll learn that trick
From magicians who are much more clever
And my love and I can live and love
And dance here in the dark forever........................





©by Voo
June 3, 2019
10:56 p.m.








1 comment:

  1. A love that dissolves with the dawn...that would be frustrating! Great poetry, Voo. I hope this means yor health has improved.

    ReplyDelete