collab

Monday, June 10, 2019

NEED YOUR LOVE SO BAD



soundtrack





Need Your Love So Bad


She's sitting at the bar alone
Her hand around a glass
Looking like a movie star
With elegance and class.

She doesn't see me watching
Or if she does, ignores
My hungry stare at her lips, her hair
And wanting to see more.

That red dress fits her contours
Like she was poured in it
Those legs, they take my breath away
And give my loins a fit.

I finish off my white wine
And order something else
That white wine isn't cutting it
So keep it on the shelf.

Bring me some good Crown Royal
Maybe a Sloe Gin Fizz
I've to get my courage up
I've got to finish this.

Look at all that long black hair
Look at those big brown eyes
Look at those luscious sweet red lips
And at those creamy thighs.

I didn't know when I walked in
This little bar tonight
That I would lose my heart and soul
To that girl that shines so bright.

She shifts around now in her seat
And quickly looks around
The band is gearing up to play
That smokey bluesy sound.

I down my drink, get to my feet
And saunter toward the bar
But other soldiers beat me there
Like they're engaged in war.

She looks at them with discerning eyes
And smiles a smile so sweet
Nods at one fine sharp dressed man
And gets then to her feet.

I watch her as she walks with him
Up to the dim dance floor
And they engage in a dance so hot
It melts that barroom floor.

I can't believe my loveless eyes
As I move back to my chair
I had no chance to have that dance
What was I doing there?

Look at the way she moves her hips
How she tosses her hair around
How she licks her lips and her fingertips
On his back, run up and down.

He tries to make a move on her
As his hands slide down her back
Down to her hips and she parts her lips
And stops him in his tracks.

"Uh-uh!" she says  and points her finger
Into his startled face
And no matter what he tries to do
She puts him in his place.

I am so pleased at what I see
And I hide my face and smile
I  like the way she handles him
I like her sense and style.

I wonder if she'll do the same
To me if I get fresh
i wonder if I'll get a turn
And who will be her next.

But it's not me, that much is sure
So i settle back to learn
What i might use to turn her head
And make that sweet thing burn.

My body turns to traitor
And soon i lose control
All night i watch her dancing there
While i seek to reach my goal.

She walks by me back to the back
And I want so much to follow
But I can't move my frozen feet
Or lift my glass to swallow.

Her perfume fills my nostrils
With a fragrance  oh, so rare
And I breathe her in deep in my lungs
As her perfume lingers there.

I pay the band to play my song
Perhaps they'll dedicate
It just to her from the man in black
And I can hardly wait.

My heart beats like a school boy's
My chance, it comes at last
They dedicate the song to her
And I hear her gasp.

She turns to look in my direction
And I raise my glass and wink
And she looks away like i wasn't there
And my poor heart starts to sink.

I need your love so bad, girl
The blues man sings it loud
Give it up! he growls at her
With approval from the crowd.

And I sit in hope and fear of failure
Looking at that frame so fine
Wishing i could win her heart
Wishing she was mine.

She flirts with some tall rich tycoon
She laughs a silky laugh
She lets him kiss her lovely throat
And my heart tears in half.

I cannot stand the torture
I cannot stand the fear
I wonder how i'll walk away
And why I came in here.

That goddess is out of my league
What made me think I'd win
She is the kind that can take her time
And her pick of all the men.

I'm just a no one, no one needs
I have not much to give
But how i'd love to have her be
The reason that I live.

i watch her slip off her red shoes
And rub her tender feet
She sighs a sigh that makes me cry
Hell, even her sigh is sweet!

I'd love to have her in my arms
My car, my room, my bed
I'd kiss her from her dancing toes
To the top of her sexy head.

I'd pour my love out on that girl
I'd make her feel so nice
But who am I fooling, that girl won't even
Look at this mad man twice!

I pay my tab and get to my feet
I won't allow myself to look
For I know the crowd is hovering there
And reading her like a book.

I feel so lonely and defeated
As I stumble to the door
Walk out into the cold night air
Not caring any more.

I find my car in the parking lot
The old one bent and blue
And my eyes behold a sight that i
Cannot believe is true.

She's leaning there upon the car
As plain as plain can be
And she says, No, I will not come with you
But you're going home with me.

i pinch myself to see if I'm dead 
I don't believe the state I'm in
She leads me round my car and opens
The door to a Mercedes Benz.

We drive up in the movie star hills
Up to a steel gray gate
It opens with her secret code
And man, I feel so great.

She kisses me upon the lips
And pulls me to her arms
And I give in to sex and sin
Fall victim to her charms.

You're the man for me, she whispers low
I've prayed to God above
To send me someone just like you
Man, I've got to have your love.

And the blues song fills the cold night air
As cold champagne fills my cup
And I reach to take my fill of her....
And, oh damn, then I wake up!!!!



©by the very bad Voo
June 9, 2019
2:58 p.m.



5 comments:

  1. Where would we be without fantasy,
    Dealing with the cold cruel world?
    Hope springs eternal as we search
    For the perfect man or girl.

    Without dreams there'd be no goal,
    No impetus to try
    To do more than just exist in life
    Until the day we die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He reminds me of..........me! You got me at the end! The wake up "drag"! What a drag! Once you start reading you can't stop. BraVoo!

    ReplyDelete