collab

Thursday, July 4, 2019

IN YOUR POCKET



In Your Pocket



On the thirty-first of Always
On the wrong side of the track
I gave my heart to eyes of darkness
But they didn't give it back.

In the deepest part of midnight
'Twixt the rising and the death
I inhaled the hope of sweetness
And exhaled a bitter breath.

Tantalized, I fell through barbed wire
There erected 'round your soul
Handed you my greatest treasures
Watched them change into fool's gold.

Am I lost now that you've found me?
Am I falling without wings?
You gave me stages that are useless
Now I have no voice to sing.

What an alchemist you are!
What a devil straight from hell!
My heart is dust now in your pocket
As you smile and wish me well.

On the thirty-first of Always
Could that I, that day erase
Forget the eyes that looked out, taunting
From that smiling angel's face.

Fools are children without foresight
Looking for the things they lack
Giving hearts to eyes of darkness
That never, ever give them back.


©by Voo
July 25, 09
 5:19 p.m.

2 comments: