collab

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

YOU WITH THE SMILING EYES




You With The Smiling Eyes


I have always been greatly drawn
To a man with smiling eyes
There is something sweet and special
And a wonderful surprise.

When you see a smile upon the face
That gives you such a start
And you know that smile that shines in his eyes
Is beaming from his heart.

So many men will smile at you
And their eyes will never show
Love or light, merely their teeth
And their smiles just leave you cold.

And you know they're just pretending
And they don't really care
They just smile to be polite
They don't really see you there.

But when you see the sunshine
Light up the eyes of a man
You know that you can safely put
Yourself in that man's hand.

For smiling eyes cannot be faked
For you cannot fake real love
Love is something not of this world
But originates above.

Jesus has those smiling eyes
So beautiful and deep
And when He turns those eyes on you
That memory you'll always keep.

So when I see sweet smiling eyes
On the face of mortal men
I'm always drawn magnetically
Like I was drawn to Him.

And now I know the reason why
I was so drawn to you
The love of the Lord and His smiling eyes......
Love, I see those things in you.





©By Voo
Oct 15, 2019

12 comments:

  1. Sweet...and I wholeheartedly agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You with the smiling eyes...so beautiful writing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told once:
    When Irish eyes are smilin sure is like the mornin sun and when Irish eyes are smilin sure the day is close to won.

    But if your eyes aren't Irish and you're not the only one. You just keep your eyes a smilin and bring love to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that, too, James.thank you I have some Irish in me and I think my eyes smile.
      not sure but I hope so...

      Delete
    2. Well keep trying you never know when they will break out in smiles

      Delete
  4. I love this! You can't fake smiling eyes! They are the portal to the soul! Your eyes are the real thing Shining Stone! I can see down deep into your soul just by reading your poems. Stay true Girl!

    ReplyDelete