collab

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Cancer


Cancer


There's a thousand kinds of cancer
A thousand kinds of death
A thousand ways to make us pay
For ever drawing breath.

I've seen it in every walk of life
I've seen it in my own
I've seen it my friends and family
I've seen it in my home.

Cancer eats and cancer knaws
And cancer lives to kill
Cancer takes our joy away
With a deadly perverse thrill.

Cancer thrives on things we love
It grows on what is bad
It takes the sunshine from our days
And replaces it with sad.

I've never known a human being
That's escaped that deadly touch
No one's immune from that hellish tune
That dirge I hate so much.

From hell it came to bring us pain
And steal our joy in life
To eat away both night and day
With it's hopeless heartless strife.

If cancer had one name alone
It's as it's always been
The worst from hell has come to dwell
That one name would be Sin.

Eating at God's Paradise
Eating at our tables
Eating at our very souls
We continue and enable.

So many kinds of cancer
So many kinds of ill
So many ways to shut out life
So many ways to kill.

The physical, the spiritual
The emotional, the soul
It has a way of grinding up
The things we see as gold.

And if there's a remedy for this
This cancer I speak of
To stop the spread before we're all dead
That remedy is Love.



©by Voo
December 9, 2004
 1 a.m.

1 comment: