collab

Monday, July 27, 2020

Listen To Me Now and Hear Me Later




Listen To Me Now And Hear Me Later




It's hard, I know, to hear what I'm saying
You're listening so intently to what I'm not.....
And staring into my eyes like you've never seen a man
With his heart in his eyes before....

I can hear you thinking.....
Like a lock tumbling numbers
In a bank vault security system
You're thinking:  Can I trust this fool?
Can I believe anything he's telling me?
Can I love him?

Oh yeah, I can hear you
Can you hear me?
My heart is beating so fast and furiously
That I can hardly hear myself speak.

I hear myself saying words that I heard
Somewhere once in a dream,
Last night's comedy routine at Funnybone's',
Last week's rom-com movie of the week...
Words....
Spilling out. Out. Out of me. My soul.

Look, I say and you freeze and then melt as I whisper:
Listen to me now and hear me later
Later...everything I say will make sense. I promise.
Either that or this moment never happened
This moment here...in this deafening silence

With one of us babbling and one of us is listening
I no longer know which one......... 
I just listen to you listening
And I'm hoping you will hear.



©by Voo
November 13, 2004
 4 p.m.
based on something a man
said to me once.....


No comments:

Post a Comment