collab

Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Cry Of The Wounded Man




The Cry Of The Wounded Man



I am a wounded man
With cuts and bruises
Scars and sores
Living in less
 But longing for more
Hoping against hope
Dreaming bad dreams
Drowning in sorrow
Deafened by screams.

I am a wounded man
Walking crippled
Lame and limp
Living in poverty
Scrimping to scrimp
Hurt and broken
Torn and worn
Bearing the burdens
That can't be unborne.

I am a wounded man
I don't know
What to do
I don't believe
That I will receive
I don't know what is true.

My faith has failed
My enemies railed
My soul has been
Torn asunder
Tomorrow I
Won't even try
Tomorrow
I'll go under.

I am a wounded man
I am no good to me
I am so lost, can't find the Cross
I am too blind to see
I do not know the way to go
I cannot find my way
If God would send to me a friend
I wouldn't know what to say.

My mind, it lies unto my heart
It tells me I am scum
I lie here in the cold and die
While begging for the warm
I am a wounded man
I travel a weary path
I fall and fail and live in hell
And all God does is laugh.

And yet...and yet..I travel on
I cannot seem to end
I look behind me and I can't see
Where I've even been
My life is some comedian's joke
No punchline, no refrain
In my life there's only strife
And all it does is rain.

Where are You, God???
Do You hear me???
Do You know I'm here??
Do You see me??
Where are You, God??
Do You not hear???
I can't feel You
You are not near.

Where are You, God?
Do You understand?
I am a broken
Wounded man
I can't go on unless You come
To change my life
Or bring me home.

Oh, God! Oh, God!
I'm begging You!
Let me see something that's true
Let me hold it in my hand
Heal this wounded 
Wounded man.


©by Voo
 March 22, 2004 

1 comment:

  1. I know how it feels to be wounded! But also knows how it feels to be healed!
    A lot of truth in this Voo! Great poem!

    ReplyDelete