collab

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

On The Other Side of The Other Side




On The Other Side of the Other Side




Out there in the cold gray dawn
I see you in the mist
Your face so sad and vulnerable
Needing to be kissed.

I cannot bear to see it
I cannot bear to feel
And yet I do not really know
If it is false or real.

You raise your hopeful eyes to me
A tear runs down your face
You plead with me yet silently
To all your fears, erase.

And I don't know the way to go
To make you smile again
Two lovers, we, so wild and free
That started out as friends.

Then love stepped in and pulled us
Down to love's dark depths
So star-crossed, we, so love starved, we
Needing love, despaired, bereft.

And the more we loved, the more we wanted
The more it slipped our grasp
And futures bright bade us goodnight
And slipped into our past.

What good is love if it can't live
Within the present time?
What good is love if it can't exist
Outside the tortured mind?

I ache to hold you desperately
In my two arms so tight
To bid you stay here in the day
And banish the lonely night.

But wishes are only wishes
And hope is just a yen
And yearning is just a dream undreamed
Of what might have, could have been.

I see you in the mist of dawn
Your head bowed on your chest
Waiting for me to come to you
And give your soul a rest.

But here between the two of us
There stands an invisible door
'Twixt tangible and ethereal
And it won't open any more.

I've tried to break it down with tears
I've tried a hammer's pounding
But the hammer bounced back in my hand
And in my tears I just fell, drowning.

I watch you in that mirror now
There on on the other side
Waiting to see if you can find the key
To the place where I reside.

What cruel, cruel fate, the two of us
Have been assigned and yet
We're sentenced to recall the rise and fall
And the love we can't forget.

My love, I know you hear me
There on your side of this
Unhappy world where boy and girl
Were wedded with one kiss.

Then torn apart with breaking hearts
To exist in the world alone
Watching one another fade
Till the two of us are gone.




©by Voo
for the man that faded into the mist
9/09/19
2:29 p.m.

1 comment: